Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Nodes selections and HitTestPriority (Read 1973 times)
donalmeida

Yay...

Nodes selections and HitTestPriority
Sep 21st, 2010 at 4:26pm
Print Post  
Hi Stoyan, I have this issue with double clicks. We bring up property pages when the user double clicks links or task nodes. Sometimes the double click works sometimes it does not. This is our setup. We add task nodes first, then we add links and then we create Swim lanes (shape nodes that stretch (width = 100%, height =140) in the background)

Now.. If we select
HitestPriority ="NodesBeforeLinks"  the link double click does not work. The link properties are not shown. 
if we select HitTestPriority="ZOrder" the link properties always comes up even if we double click on the task node (if this node has many links)
Both these options don’t work a 100% for our users. what do you suggest we do… when the user double clicks on a link the link properties are shown...   when the user double clicks on the task node the task properties are shown?

Don Almeida.

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: Nodes selections and HitTestPriority
Reply #1 - Sep 21st, 2010 at 6:56pm
Print Post  
The control raises NodeDoubleClicked for locked nodes too, so this won't work with the NodesBeforeLinks test priority. Otherwise there are a few mm. around link segments where clicks are considered to hit the link, and this might prevent detecting hits on nodes when hit-testing using the ZOrder priority. In this case you could move the non-locked nodes to the top of Z order.

In other controls we have a LinkHitDistance property you could set to a lower value to decrease the size of the hit area, we could port that to Silverlight too in the next few days as well.

IP Logged

dolfandon

Reply #2 - Sep 27th, 2010 at 6:18pm
Print Post  
Hi Stoyan, I am picking this up for Don Almeida. Could I turn off the ability to "hit" the shape nodes that we are displaying for our swim lanes? I.E. have it not raise the hit event so that the links are selected instead.

Don Miller

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #3 - Sep 27th, 2010 at 6:28pm
Print Post  
Hi,

You cannot turn it off at this time. Instead, if you detect that e.Node.Locked is enabled, you could call GetItemAt(point, true) to find a non-locked item according to Z order, and then process the double-click as if it was detected for that them.

Stoyan

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint