Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Work hours and days (Read 2145 times)
john6630

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Work hours and days
Dec 13th, 2010 at 4:26pm
Print Post  
Hi Meppy,
I am struggling with how to handle resources that have daily work schedules and weekly work days. For example, I may have a resource requiring 2 shifts per day with a gap between the two shifts. So I have two work start/end times for the work day. Then it may have various work weekdays assigned, not the traditional Mon-Fri and perhaps even non-consecutive days like M-W,F,Sat.

I do not know where to begin handling this within the Scheduling control. Can you give me some guidance. I also want to use GetFreePeriod within these work hours/days constraints if that is possible.

Thanks,
John

IP Logged

Meppy
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: Work hours and days
Reply #1 - Dec 14th, 2010 at 7:12am
Print Post  
You can implement a custom resource class and hold the work days and hours information in it.

You can use custom drawing to render the non-working days and hours differently. To use custom drawing you have to assign the appropriate value to the Calendar.CustomDraw property (depending on which part of which view you want to custom draw), then handle the Calendar.Draw event to perform the actual drawing.

To make GetFreePeriod find periods only within the work hours/days of a resource you can create a worker schedule. The worker schedule will be synchronized with your main schedule but in addition to the regular items it will contain items representing the non-working days/hours. This way GetFreePeriod will not return non-working times.

Let me know if this help.

Regards,
Meppy

IP Logged

john6630

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Work hours and days
Reply #2 - Dec 16th, 2010 at 6:13pm
Print Post  
Hi Meppy,
Again thank you for your excellent support.

I will look into that approach when I have time but it seems very complicated so I will handle most of this in my code and try to use Schedule in a vanilla way.

Thanks,
John

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint