Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic NetDiagram or JDiagram or Both for an asp.net app? (Read 1202 times)
jlj30

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

NetDiagram or JDiagram or Both for an asp.net app?
Oct 5th, 2011 at 6:06pm
Print Post  
I have been evaluating the trial version of NetDiagram on and off again over the past month.  Our requirement is to display swim lane diagrams with source data coming from a database.  Initially, the diagrams will be displayed only (no editing capability).
I have no experience with Java applets at this time.
From the demos if would certainly seem that JDiagram is going to offer our users a much better UI experience than NetDiagram when we open it up to editing.
So, my question is should I use both of these tools, and if not, which one?
Is the programmatic interface with JDiagram the same or similar to NetDiagram?  Will the work I've already done to render diagrams in NetDiagram be reusable for JDiagram?
And one last question, do most organizations (we have a SaaS app) enable Java applets in their browsers or this a pretty standard thing these days?

As a newbie to MindFusion and to Java applets, any advice would be most welcomed.
Jim

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: NetDiagram or JDiagram or Both for an asp.net
Reply #1 - Oct 5th, 2011 at 6:50pm
Print Post  
NetDiagram also includes the JDiagram applet and it can be used as an interactive front-end of the .NET server control by setting DiagramView.ClientSideMode = JavaApplet. With the same server side code you can render diagrams either as images + image maps (ImageMap mode) or using the interactive applet (JavaApplet mode).

So if some clients of yours do not allow Java on their networks, you can offer them the ImageMap mode as a fallback, while the rest will get the fully interactive applet mode. ImageMap implements some limited interactivity too - add an InteractivityExtender to the page to see how it works.

I hope that helps,
Stoyan

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint