Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Frozen RowHeader (Read 8077 times)
kinbor
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Frozen RowHeader
Nov 2nd, 2011 at 2:18am
Print Post  
Hi,
I tried Frozen the RowHeader of LaneGrid, but I didn't find the properties you can set. Hoping to get your support, Thanks!

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: Frozen RowHeader
Reply #1 - Nov 2nd, 2011 at 7:49am
Print Post  
Hi,

Unfortunately there is no way to freeze grid headers at this time. In the Windows Forms version there is a HookHeaders property that freezes all headers so they stay in the viewport. If that will work for you, we can port it to Silverlight in the next couple of days.

Stoyan

IP Logged

kinbor
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #2 - Nov 2nd, 2011 at 8:16am
Print Post  
OK!

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #3 - Nov 2nd, 2011 at 10:18am
Print Post  
Our developer has found the HookHeaders property is actually already available, but it works out-of-the-box only if the Diagram is placed inside a Ruler control. If you are using a ScrollViewer, call Diagram.SetScrollerParent so that the control can bind the grid headers position to the ScrollViewer's offset.

I hope that helps,
Stoyan

IP Logged

kinbor
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #4 - Nov 3rd, 2011 at 2:54am
Print Post  
OK, I look forward to the next version has been improved, thanks to the support you can provide timely!

IP Logged

rajesh_patil74

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #5 - Jan 27th, 2012 at 7:40am
Print Post  
Hi Stoyo

I was also looking for same functionality. With HookHeaders and SetScrollerParent works as expected.

The problem with scrolling ( when placed in scroller or ruler) the headers gets displayed in top left area ( when scrolled horizontally colum header gets displayed and scrolling vertically row headers gets displayed)

Can this be fixed also when you fix another scrolling issue reported by me ( when resized header scroll is not working)?

-Rajesh

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #6 - Jan 27th, 2012 at 9:16am
Print Post  
Hi Rajesh,

Hooked headers are displayed at the leftmost / topmost of the viewport by design. You could set the Grid.LeftMargin and Grid.TopMargin properties to offset them.

I hope that helps,
Stoyan

IP Logged

rajesh_patil74

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #7 - Jan 27th, 2012 at 2:40pm
Print Post  
Hi Stoyo

By setting LeftMargin and TopMargin proprties of grid is not wokring as expected.

Setting LeftMargin & TopMargin displays the grid from that position.

When setting the values with ScrollX and ScrollY values of the diagram for top and left margin also shifts the header and with negative values of scrollx and scrolly won't display headers at all.

Will you please verify it and provide a solution for same.

-Rajesh

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #8 - Jan 30th, 2012 at 9:23am
Print Post  
Hi Rajesh,

Quote:
When setting the values with ScrollX and ScrollY values of the diagram for top and left margin also shifts the header and with negative values of scrollx and scrolly won't display headers at all.

Isn't this what happens if HookHeaders is disabled? Please check if you haven't omitted calling SetScrollParent or setting HookHeaders. Also note that the HookHeaders value is saved when you call SaveToXml/String, so you might be resetting it to false if you load an older diagram.

Stoyan

IP Logged

rajesh_patil74

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #9 - Jan 30th, 2012 at 9:54am
Print Post  
Hi Stoyo

I verified it and it is not working as expected.

Please have a look at the image - After doing the scrolling and clicking on button I set the leftmargin and top margin of the grid to Diagram's ScrollX and ScrollY value.

-Rajesh

lanegrid.png (Attachment deleted)
IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #10 - Jan 31st, 2012 at 4:05pm
Print Post  
I'm not sure what we are discussing anymore... The header positions are updated when the scroll position changes, and I don't know what will happen if you first scroll and then set the offsets (usually you set HookHeaders and grid offsets in the init. code and scroll later). Anyway you will still get headers drawn over the grid if there's a grid offset specified and you scroll to the top or left with hooked headers. That's why the grid and headers are drawn without offset by default. However your first post was about a "the headers gets displayed in top left area" problem and that brings us to a full circle - so what is you don't like about hooked headers displayed at the top left area? Or otherwise, how should headers behave with HookHeaders enabled if you don't want them at the top-left area and don't wish them to cover the grid at the same time?

Stoyan

IP Logged

rajesh_patil74

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #11 - Feb 1st, 2012 at 6:11am
Print Post  
Hi Stoyo

Let me brief the problem again -

1. With hookheaders and using SetScrollParent, when I scroll vertically or horizontally, the header positions are updated which is correct.

2. When header positions updated, The top Left margin ( which is intially empty region) now gets covered with the grids header part ( as shown in the figure).

3. According to your previous post , I tried to set the grid's left and top margin after doing scroll ,press some button which set the grids top and left margin to scrollX and ScrollY. The effect of same is displayed in the attached image.

Acutally, I want to fix the second problem.  See the new attached image. The red color rect should be blank with hookheader = true and scrolling.

Hope the request is clear now.

-Rajesh

Lane.png (Attachment deleted)
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint