Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Unable to find assembly 'MindFusion.Scheduling' (Read 5281 times)
Rob Branaghan
YaBB Newbies

I Love 2 Code!!

Unable to find assembly 'MindFusion.Scheduling'
Feb 23rd, 2012 at 10:06am
Print Post  
Hi Meppy,
This error occurs a lot, and I wanted to know if there is a way of not having this error.

Code
Select All
Instances of this error (1)

1.   Hide Call Stack

at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryAssemblyInfo.GetAssembly()
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.GetType(BinaryAssemblyInfo assemblyInfo, String name)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectMap..ctor(String objectName, String[] memberNames, BinaryTypeEnum[] binaryTypeEnumA, Object[] typeInformationA, Int32[] memberAssemIds, ObjectReader objectReader, Int32 objectId, BinaryAssemblyInfo assemblyInfo, SizedArray assemIdToAssemblyTable)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.__BinaryParser.ReadObjectWithMapTyped(BinaryObjectWithMapTyped record)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.__BinaryParser.ReadObjectWithMapTyped(BinaryHeaderEnum binaryHeaderEnum)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.__BinaryParser.Run()
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.Deserialize(HeaderHandler handler, __BinaryParser serParser, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Deserialize(Stream serializationStream, HeaderHandler handler, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)
at System.Resources.ResourceReader.DeserializeObject(Int32 typeIndex)
at System.Resources.ResourceReader._LoadObjectV2(Int32 pos, ResourceTypeCode& typeCode)
at System.Resources.ResourceReader.LoadObjectV2(Int32 pos, ResourceTypeCode& typeCode)
at System.Resources.ResourceReader.LoadObject(Int32 pos, ResourceTypeCode& typeCode)
at System.Resources.RuntimeResourceSet.GetObject(String key, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean isString)
at System.Resources.RuntimeResourceSet.GetObject(String key, Boolean ignoreCase)
at System.Resources.ResourceManager.GetObject(String name, CultureInfo culture, Boolean wrapUnmanagedMemStream)
at System.Resources.ResourceManager.GetObject(String name)
at GanttChart.ScheduleControl.InitializeComponent() in C:\Users\Robert\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Inherited\SchedulingProject\Controls\SchedulingUserControl\ScheduleControl.cs:line 222
at GanttChart.ScheduleControl..ctor() in C:\Users\Robert\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Inherited\SchedulingProject\Controls\SchedulingUserControl\ScheduleControl.cs:line 402   

Any ideas?
Version of MindFusion.Scheduling is 5.1.2.22163
Runtime version v4.0.30319

Robert Branaghan
.NET Software Developer
FactoryMaster Ltd.
IP Logged

Meppy
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: Unable to find assembly 'MindFusion.Scheduling'
Reply #1 - Feb 23rd, 2012 at 10:46am
Print Post  
What is happening at and before line 222 in your ScheduleControl class?

Regards,
Meppy

IP Logged

Rob Branaghan
YaBB Newbies

I Love 2 Code!!

Reply #2 - Feb 23rd, 2012 at 10:50am
Print Post  
Line 220 - 229

Code
Select All
this.GanttChartControl.ItemSettings.ResizeBandSize = 0;
            this.GanttChartControl.ItemSettings.ScaleClocks = MindFusion.Scheduling.WinForms.State.Enabled;
            this.GanttChartControl.ItemSettings.SelectedItemStyle = ((MindFusion.Scheduling.Style)(resources.GetObject("GanttChartControl.ItemSettings.SelectedItemStyle")));
            this.GanttChartControl.ItemSettings.ShowContinuationArrows = MindFusion.Scheduling.WinForms.State.Disabled;
            this.GanttChartControl.ItemSettings.Style = ((MindFusion.Scheduling.Style)(resources.GetObject("GanttChartControl.ItemSettings.Style")));
            this.GanttChartControl.ItemTooltipFormat = "";
            this.GanttChartControl.ItemVResizeCursor = System.Windows.Forms.Cursors.Default;
            this.GanttChartControl.Location = new System.Drawing.Point(0, -3);
            this.GanttChartControl.MonthRangeSettings.Style = ((MindFusion.Scheduling.Style)(resources.GetObject("GanttChartControl.MonthRangeSettings.Style")));
            this.GanttChartControl.Name = "GanttChartControl";

Is it normal for the control to use the Resources.GetObject and store the info in the "Other" section of the local resource?

Robert Branaghan
.NET Software Developer
FactoryMaster Ltd.
IP Logged

Meppy
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #3 - Feb 23rd, 2012 at 11:41am
Print Post  
Rob Branaghan wrote on Feb 23rd, 2012 at 10:50am:
Is it normal for the control to use the Resources.GetObject and store the info in the "Other" section of the local resource?

Yes, this is actually something automatically done by the designer serializer for properties of types marked as [Serializable], such as Style. For some reason the MindFusion.Scheduling assembly used by the serializer at the time of the serialization of the property does not match the one found when the runtime attempts to deserialize it.

Can you check if the "Specific Version" flag of the MindFusion.Scheduling reference is set to False? Also, have you tried deleting the Visual Studio cached assemblies and/or rebuilding the project completely when this error happens?

Regards,
Meppy

IP Logged

Rob Branaghan
YaBB Newbies

I Love 2 Code!!

Reply #4 - Feb 23rd, 2012 at 2:23pm
Print Post  
I have tried the steps you stated, and the control is still causing that error.

Feb 23rd, 2012 at 3:37pm
Strangely, After opening the Design View, ignoring the error when clicking "Ignore and Continue" and then closing down VS2010, and re opening, the problem corrected its self?????

I had closed down VS2010 about 20 times before, but I hadnt clicked Ignore and Continue!

Most likely the issue is with Microsoft at VS2010.
« Last Edit: Feb 23rd, 2012 at 3:38pm by Rob Branaghan »  

Robert Branaghan
.NET Software Developer
FactoryMaster Ltd.
IP Logged

Rob Branaghan
YaBB Newbies

I Love 2 Code!!

Reply #5 - Mar 12th, 2012 at 10:18am
Print Post  
Hi Meppy,

I am still having issues with the Mindfusion control.

Is this version stated below a problem version? Is there a new version?

Error      107      'Could not load file or assembly 'MindFusion.Scheduling, Version=5.1.2.22163, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=15f194f9a7df0ef6' or one of its dependencies. Invalid pointer (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004003 (E_POINTER))'      C:\Users\Robert\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Inherited\SchedulingProject\Controls\SchedulingUserControl\LC      GanttChart

Robert Branaghan
.NET Software Developer
FactoryMaster Ltd.
IP Logged

Meppy
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #6 - Mar 12th, 2012 at 10:51am
Print Post  
There is a newer version, but I am not sure that it will help resolve this problem. My assumption is that the Visual Studio uses a cached version of the MindFusion.Scheduling assembly during the property value serialization in design-time and is not able to deserialize them at run-time. That's why I suggested to clear the VS cached assemblies. If this didn't help, maybe you should consider initializing the control's properties in code, rather than in the designer.

Regards,
Meppy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint