Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Collision of appointments in Resource View (Read 4209 times)
wking
YaBB Newbies

I Love MindFusion!

Collision of appointments in Resource View
May 10th, 2013 at 12:54pm
Print Post  
When loading multiple appointments for a resource, appointments that "seem" to overlap, are drawn on a second, third, etc. line. The appointments do not actually overlap, but are 1.5 to 3 minutes apart.

Please, How do I get rid of all these extra lines?

IP Logged

Meppy
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: Collision of appointments in Resource View
Reply #1 - May 10th, 2013 at 1:13pm
Print Post  
Hi,

I am not able to reproduce this with the latest release. Can you send me or attach here a save file (created with Calendar.SaveTo or Schedule.SaveTo) with the schedule that is causing this problem to occur? Also, what version of the component are you using?

Regards,
Meppy

IP Logged

wking
YaBB Newbies

I Love MindFusion!

Reply #2 - May 10th, 2013 at 7:26pm
Print Post  
OK, let me then first download the latest version and see if the results are the same. My version is quite old.

IP Logged

wking
YaBB Newbies

I Love MindFusion!

Reply #3 - May 13th, 2013 at 10:12am
Print Post  
Ok, so I downloaded the latest trial version from your website and tested on this version. I still get the same result. Appointments are split into several lines, as though the are colliding. Attached is an image of what I get. The BottomTimeline is now set to show in minutes with 20 minute intervals (setting to hours just creates even more lines).

Each appointment represents a worker clock, i.e. he clocked with a coin on delivering fruit that was picked. Depending on what type of work, clocks are closer or farther apart, but should never collide. On processing the information, the user wants to view all clocks on ONE line only, and not as it is currently displaying.

On the right hand of the image, you will see a list of all clocks ordered from start to finished. I have highlighted the clocks that form a cluster between 9:00 and 10:00 of the specific employee.

Thanks for any advice.

MindfusionImage.png (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Meppy
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #4 - May 13th, 2013 at 12:24pm
Print Post  
Hi,

As far as I understand from your picture your appointments represent instants in time and you are using ResourceLengthMethod = MinimumFixed to ensure that they are not displayed as thin lines. To ensure that items do not overlap visually, the control automatically collides the appointments based on the specified minimum size and not based on their actual length in time. We can add a property that completely disables collisions in that view (similarly to EnableCollisions in TimetableSettings).

Let me know if this will help.

Regards,
Meppy

IP Logged

wking
YaBB Newbies

I Love MindFusion!

Reply #5 - May 13th, 2013 at 2:22pm
Print Post  
Ok thanks. You're right about the appointments being instants in time. Workers get paid for each clocking they make, but employers are concerned that they over clock, so we need the exact time of clocking to determine valid clock counts.

I was not aware of the ResourceLengthMethod. I set it to Exact and duplicates are gone. Your suggestion is good. I was wondering if it would be possible to have the same type of property as in TimeTable, so maybe this is your opportunity to do it.

I'll have to show the display rendered by the Exact method with the client to see if that will work for them (which I think will be the case).

Thanks for the help and advice on this.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint