Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Zoom Calendar in ResourceView (Read 3628 times)
wking
YaBB Newbies

I Love MindFusion!

Zoom Calendar in ResourceView
May 13th, 2013 at 3:00pm
Print Post  
Is there any way that you can zoom into the Calendar component in ResourceView for a detailed view? I have work performed from e.g. 8 AM to 17 PM. Now I want to see what exactly happened between 10 AM and 12 PM. When I set the Start and End Times, it does not zoom, but rather cuts away all other times and I am left with only the time 10-12 but still the same size as on the "main view". On a zoom, I would like to see the detailed view the same size as if I am viewing 8-17h on the main view.

IP Logged

Meppy
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: Zoom Calendar in ResourceView
Reply #1 - May 14th, 2013 at 6:22am
Print Post  
Hi,

There is no easy way to achieve this. You can play around with the ResourceViewSettings.TimelineScale property as demonstrated in the attached sample. To test zooming in the sample, click the 'set' button. More sophisticated (and complicated) way would be to adjust the view resolution, i.e. set different view unit and unit count, based on the specified interval.

Regards,
Meppy

_sample_wking.zip (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

wking
YaBB Newbies

I Love MindFusion!

Reply #2 - May 15th, 2013 at 11:21am
Print Post  
Thanks for the reply.

Are you guys planning to add a feature like this into the control?

Regards

IP Logged

Meppy
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #3 - May 15th, 2013 at 12:56pm
Print Post  
We will consider adding this feature to the next release depending on how complex it turns out to be. We have similar functionality in our DataViews components, we will try to port it here.

Regards,
Meppy

IP Logged

Meppy
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #4 - May 17th, 2013 at 9:28am
Print Post  
Hi,

Check out this version of the control:

https://mindfusion.eu/_temp/MindFusion.Scheduling.trial2.zip

The ResourceViewSettings class exposes a new property - EnableCollisions, which can be used to turn off item collision detection in Resource view, similarly to the same property in Timetable. In addition the Calendar class has a new method - SetViewport (the name is subject to change), which can be used to set the visible time interval in a Resource view and optionally change the view resolution to better accommodate the displayed interval.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Regards,
Meppy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint