Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Multiple users, large number of items. (Read 1958 times)
TRB

Meppy knows all!!

Multiple users, large number of items.
Aug 10th, 2013 at 12:01pm
Print Post  
My last question for now is, If i use this control for a program that would have a large number of users for the same database is there a way to load only the required items into the schedule.

An example is, I am the owner of a business and I have supervisors with teams working for me. I as the owner want to see all the schedule or selected teams schedules, and the supervisors should see only their schedules. I have a select statment for the contacts which works fine (i believe this is due the the dataset being filled and then contacts beeing added via code) but in view modes that dont support grouping can still see all other appointments. I tried the same thing with the Items and I get the error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." on the "LoadFromDataSource" line. Loading all items to me will also start to slow things down as the number of items and users increase...Thoughts??

Regards,
TRB

IP Logged

Meppy
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: Multiple users, large number of items.
Reply #1 - Aug 12th, 2013 at 8:23am
Print Post  
Hi,

In the views that do not support grouping you can still filter (again through Calendar.GroupType) the appointments by specific resources. However this still fetches all the information from the database. Loading data from the database partially cannot be done through the LoadFromDataSource method.

Regards,
Meppy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint