Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic 0x80040154 error in .NET project EndInit (Read 4340 times)
Owen
YaBB Newbies

I Love MindFusion!

0x80040154 error in .NET project EndInit
May 19th, 2015 at 4:54pm
Print Post  
Hello,

My company is moving old application to .NET and my task is to port over the process flowchart module. At some point we are going to move to MindFusion .NET diagram library, yet we prefer to stick to ActiveX version for some transition period.

Now I've installed the dll file on my system, created a simple C# project as a playground and added Flowchart ActiveX to it. It shows just fine in form editor, but it closes immediately if I run it or stops with 0x80040154 COM exception when debugging. Has anyone used the ActiveX control from .NET? any hints?

Thanks and kind regards,
- Owen

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: 0x80040154 error in .NET project EndInit
Reply #1 - May 20th, 2015 at 5:44am
Print Post  
Hi,

This is a 'class not registered' code. If you are on 64-bit system, your .NET project will run as 64-bit process by default, and search for the Flowchart class in 64-bit branch of the registry. Recent versions of the control include a flowchartx64.dll that can be loaded by 64-bit process but it is not registered automatically by our installer. You could use the regsvr32 tool from command line (run as admin) to register the 64-bit component too.

If you have older FlowchartX version that does not include a 64-bit build, you could change the project's Platform Target option from Any CPU to x86 to make your process 32-bit, then it should be able to load the 32-bit flowchartx.dll.

I hope that helps,
Stoyan

IP Logged

Owen
YaBB Newbies

I Love MindFusion!

Re: 0x80040154 error in .NET project EndInit
Reply #2 - May 22nd, 2015 at 6:12pm
Print Post  
Hello Stoyo,

x86 works - many thanks. It also helped for similar problem we had with another ActiveX reference Cheesy

Kind regards,
- Owen

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint