Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Diagrams show "trial version" when built on build VM (Read 2563 times)
Rennie

I Love MindFusion!

Diagrams show "trial version" when built on build VM
Jan 29th, 2018 at 7:36am
Print Post  
I have version 6.3.3, which I believe is covered by a purchase I made in Oct. 2014. When I build and test on my development PC it works fine. But when I do a build on a dedicated build PC, an Azure VM, the resulting program works OK, but shows "MindFusion Diagramming for Windows Forms, trial version." at the top of the window.

It's been a while since I've worked with your program, and I can't recall how the licensing works. Do you have any suggestions as to what's wrong?

Thanks.

IP Logged

Slavcho
YaBB Moderator

tech.support

Re: Diagrams show "trial version" when built on build VM
Reply #1 - Jan 29th, 2018 at 8:15am
Print Post  
Older versions were looking for a license key in the registry, and just copying the assemblies on the build systems is not enough - you'll need to run the installer there. With current versions you specify license key string in your source code, so you should be able to build on any system without installation.

Regards,
Slavcho
Mindfusion

IP Logged

Rennie

I Love MindFusion!

Reply #2 - Jan 30th, 2018 at 12:45am
Print Post  
Thanks for your reply. But the program was installed on the Azure VM, i.e., I'd run setup.exe, the same setup.exe that I ran on my development PC.

Does it matter if you select "All users" or not?

What is the registry entry?

On my "build machine" I'm running Visual Studio Community Edition, can that be a problem?

IP Logged

Slavcho
YaBB Moderator

tech.support

Reply #3 - Jan 30th, 2018 at 12:53pm
Print Post  
I've checked the release history - license keys were introduced in 6.3.2 release. If you've upgraded from even older version to 6.3.3 just recently, you must set the LicenseKey property on DiagramView now.

IP Logged

Rennie

I Love MindFusion!

Reply #4 - Feb 1st, 2018 at 7:01am
Print Post  
This is really strange. According to my notes I downloaded the 6.3.3 version in May 2016. Version 6.3.2 had previously been installed in my development PC, and that can maybe explain why it was working without my having added the code to set the license property for my test usage.

But the build machine was created in Oct. 2016, and has never had any version other than 6.3.3 installed. It was producing final builds that worked OK some places, but for one particular customer the text "trial version" is appearing.

Anyway, now I've added the code to set the license property, so hopefully all is well now. (Can't get that customer to update immediately to test it.)

Thanks for your help.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint