Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Virtualizing diagram with container diagrams (Read 1623 times)
milosa
YaBB Newbies

I Love MindFusion!

Virtualizing diagram with container diagrams
Jul 4th, 2018 at 8:40am
Print Post  
Hello,

I am looking into improving the performance of my diagram component.
Since we are using a lot of ContainerNodes which are supported for virtualization since the version 3.5, I am looking for an example of how I could properly implement that.

I just find the basic virtualization example, is there somewhere an example which also uses more complex nodes and especially container nodes?

Or some other documentation that describes this in more details?

Regards,
Milos

IP Logged

milosa
YaBB Newbies

I Love MindFusion!

Re: Virtualizing diagram with container diagrams
Reply #1 - Jul 5th, 2018 at 6:50am
Print Post  
Hello again,

So I found some documentation in the documentation of the VirtualizingDiagram. However there it says that the data item classes should have X and Y properties or you can add a delegate for ResolveNodePosition. The similar is for the ResolveContainer delegate.

I register the delegate for these callbacks but they don't get called. Do you know what could be wrong?

Also it seems that the InstantiateLink callback gets called before both Origin and Destination are available in the Nodes collection of the diagram. This clearly makes it impossible to create the link. Do you know what could be wrong there?

Best regards,
Milos

IP Logged

Slavcho
YaBB Moderator

tech.support

Re: Virtualizing diagram with container diagrams
Reply #2 - Jul 5th, 2018 at 8:59am
Print Post  
Hi,

Try the example from https://mindfusion.eu/Forum/YaBB.pl?num=1493301652/3#3

I guess InstantiateLink might be by design, as nodes are not always available in the viewport and the control will connect them to the link once they are created. You should still be able to return DiagramLink instances even without nodes available.

Regards,
Slavcho

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint