Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Trial Version returns (Read 975 times)
mlreed1972
YaBB Newbies

I Love MindFusion!

Trial Version returns
Feb 8th, 2023 at 2:44pm
Print Post  
Hello,

I am using version 6.3.2.24941 of the Diagramming tool. I have been using it for many years with no problems. However, just yesterday my customer installed it on a Windows 10 machine that had several group policies set. After the install, when he brought up the screen of the application that uses the Diagramming control, it said 'Trial Version' all over it.

My MindFusion.Licensing.DLL is version 1.0.1.24632.

I have been unsuccessful in trying to reproduce this on a Windows 10 VM. I have read that when FIPS encryption is enabled it can affect the ability of Mindfusion to decrypt license keys. However, I tried this on my VM and it had no effect.

My application is in C# using .NET Framework 4.8 and Winforms

What could be causing this?

Thanks!

IP Logged

Slavcho
YaBB Moderator

tech.support

Re: Trial Version returns
Reply #1 - Feb 8th, 2023 at 4:09pm
Print Post  
Hi,

If you have the source code, try rebuilding with licensing.dll attached to this post -
https://mindfusion.eu/Forum/YaBB.pl?num=1591951442/7#7

or otherwise override the assembly version using bindingRedirect as in this post -
https://mindfusion.eu/Forum/YaBB.pl?num=1591951442/9#9

Regards,
Slavcho
Mindfusion

IP Logged

mlreed1972
YaBB Newbies

I Love MindFusion!

Reply #2 - Feb 8th, 2023 at 5:49pm
Print Post  
Thanks.  I created a new install program for my customer with the 1.0.4 version of the Mindfusion.Licensing.dll included.  I could never reproduce their problem locally so I hope this FIPS thing is the issue.

What is the difference between the Licensing DLL between versions 1.0.1 and 1.0.4?  Is there somewhere I can go to see the release notes between versions?

Thanks so much!

IP Logged

Slavcho
YaBB Moderator

tech.support

Reply #3 - Feb 9th, 2023 at 11:34am
Print Post  
The only difference is it now implements built-in hashing math instead of using .NET BCL algorithm, which apparently can be disabled... There's also a new EnableLogging(logPath) method you could call to get error log if there are further problems.

Regards,
Slavcho
Mindfusion

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint