Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Effects on CompositeNodes (Read 1937 times)
Rich Cassell

I Love MindFusion!

Effects on CompositeNodes
Nov 8th, 2012 at 10:40am
Print Post  
Hi,

When i used simple DiagramNodes previously i was able to add Effects to the diagram and these would feed through into the nodes... Like this...

Code
Select All
  diagram.NodeEffects.Add(New AeroEffect)
        diagram.NodeEffects.Add(New EmbossEffect)
        diagram.NodeEffects.Add(New GlassEffect) 

This, obviously, made the nodes look really nice. I have since changed to be using CompositeNodes and these effects no longer have an effect on the look of the nodes - so they look a bit, well, plain.

As in the tutorials i have specified a Stroke and a Fill property for the nodes so i'm not sure if this has anything to do with it? But if i could get the aero and glass effects back on these nodes that'd be great!

I have also tried using the node.Effects method directly and this doesn't do any different.

Anybody using Effects on CompositeNodes know where i'm going wrong?

Regards,
Rich Smiley

IP Logged

Meppy
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: Effects on CompositeNodes
Reply #1 - Nov 8th, 2012 at 2:00pm
Print Post  
Hi,

The composite nodes do not support effects at this time. We will see if we can extend the effects for the next release, but even if we do, it will come with various restrictions. For example, it might not be possible to determine the outline of an arbitrary composite node, in which case the effects will not render properly. Another example is the Aero effect, which appears to be particularly challenging to implement for composite nodes.

I will update this post when I have some results.

Regards,
Meppy

IP Logged

Rich Cassell

I Love MindFusion!

Reply #2 - Nov 8th, 2012 at 4:12pm
Print Post  
Hi Meppy,

Thanks for your reply. That's ok, it's just that the opacity that came with them took that glaring colour away... I'm using gradients as it tones it down slightly but is there an opacity setting in the nodes? It's just to make them less "in your face"!... The transparency setting is just a boolean but i could do with something more of a slider...

Thanks,
Rich Smiley

IP Logged

Meppy
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #3 - Nov 9th, 2012 at 12:36pm
Print Post  
Hi,

We have made some improvements to the control in order to enable effects on composite nodes. Check your personal messages for a download link of the new version.

In order to enable node effects on a composite node, you need to explicitly mark a single Shape or Border component inside this node's component hierarchy (usually the root) as the target of the effect. To do this set the IsOutline property of the component in question to true. You can also do this in the XML definition of the component hierarchy:

Code (HTML)
Select All
<Border IsOutline="True" /> 

If more than one components are marked as the effect target, only the first component will receive the effect. Check the attached images for a preview of a composite node without effects and with effects applied to different components inside the node.

Regarding node opacity - you can achieve this by specifying semitransparent background brushes for the node components. The last image illustrates this by reducing the opacity of the border and shape components by half.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Meppy

Image1.png ( 61 KB | 161 Downloads )
Image1.png
Image4.png ( 8 KB | 131 Downloads )
Image4.png

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint