Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic ActivityChart Customizations (Read 3583 times)
wwwwnj
YaBB Newbies

I Love MindFusion!

ActivityChart Customizations
Jul 2nd, 2014 at 6:16pm
Print Post  
I intend on using your product but have a few issues with the WPF scheduling that have to be resolved first:
1. I need to customize the left side of the ActivityChart, specifically column headers and column widths.
2. Are there any events exposed for the left side of the ActivityChart? I need to get to the activity data when the user double clicks a item. Sometimes an item on the right side is too narrow for the user to click without expanding the chart. A context menu for the left side would be nice also.
3. The drillTo times are horrible with 15 or more activities.

IP Logged

Meppy
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: ActivityChart Customizations
Reply #1 - Jul 3rd, 2014 at 2:06pm
Print Post  
Hi,

We've made some improvements to the control. The new version of the assemblies along with a sample illustrating some of the requested features can be downloaded from the link below:

https://mindfusion.eu/_samples/_sample_CustomAppearance.zip

More detailed information follows:

Quote:
1. I need to customize the left side of the ActivityChart, specifically column headers and column widths.

The header of the left grid can now be customized through a set of new properties in the BaseChart class, namely, HeaderFontSize, HeaderBackground, HeaderForeground, HeaderMargin, HeaderBorderBrush, HeaderBorderThickness, and HeaderContentTemplate. The widths of the columns can be specified programmatically through the new BaseChart.Columns property. Keep in mind that the columns are not available until the control has been loaded.

Quote:
2. Are there any events exposed for the left side of the ActivityChart? I need to get to the activity data when the user double clicks a item. Sometimes an item on the right side is too narrow for the user to click without expanding the chart. A context menu for the left side would be nice also.

The ActivityChart.ActivityClicked event is now also raised in response to clicks on the rows of the left grid. If you need to distinguish between the two cases you can inspect the value of the ProjectMouseEventArgs.Element property. When the event is raised as a result of a click in the left view, this object is a GridRow instance. Otherwise, it is an ActivityPresenter.

Quote:
3. The drillTo times are horrible with 15 or more activities.

Do you mean that the opeartion takes too long to complete? What are the values of the TimelineSettings object that you are passing to the method?

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Meppy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint