Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic VisioExport doesn't appear to work (Read 8425 times)
craigsimons
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

VisioExport doesn't appear to work
Oct 17th, 2005 at 3:51am
Print Post  
I've added a reference to the VisioExport.dll to my project, added the VisioExport.vxt to my [application]\bin directory, and called the following code:

Dim exporter As New MindFusion.Diagramming.Export.VisioExporter
exporter.ExportVDX(FlowChart, "c:\temp\test\test.vdx")

There doesn't appear to be any errors, but no visio file is created. How can I tell why it is not writing the file, or under what circumstances would the export fail?

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: VisioExport doesn't appear to work
Reply #1 - Oct 17th, 2005 at 3:58am
Print Post  
It's a bug. The exporter is supposed to find the vxt template file in one of the following directories:

- the .exe file directory
- the VisioExport.dll file directory
- the current directory

In reality, only the last option work at this time, so copy the .vxt to the 'working directory' set for the project, or run the project by opening the exe from the \bin folder.

IP Logged

craigsimons
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #2 - Oct 17th, 2005 at 10:18pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the input. In my project, I had a filesave dialog for the user to input the desired filename and directory. If the user chose to save in the 'c:\test' directory, an error would be shown in the console output complaining about not being able to find the VisioExporter template in the 'c:\test' directory. I changed the dialog property 'RestoreDirectory' to true and this rectified the problem. I'll have to make sure that I'm careful in tracking the current direct directory elsewhere in the project however.

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #3 - Oct 18th, 2005 at 3:40am
Print Post  
We'll try to fix that today and send a patched dll to our registered customers that will fix a couple of more bugs we found in the last week. A fixed trial version will be uploaded in 1-2 days.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint