Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Arrows, Anchors and Table rows...oh my (Read 3375 times)
DConroy
YaBB Newbies

Arrows, Anchors and Table rows...oh my
Nov 1st, 2005 at 2:03pm
Print Post  
Hi,

Just starting using FlowChart and it's really great.  I have one problem....

I have a table, representing an object...the object has two outputs, and I put them both in the same row, on in column 0, one in column 3(I used the Entity demo as a basis).

Problem is when I create an arrow programmatically, it always starts the arrow from the first anchor, and I can't get it to originate from the other point.

Here's how I create the arrow:

Arrow arrow2 = flowChart1.CreateArrow(t3,3,t2,0);

This overload SHOULD set the origin of the arrow to Table t3's fourth row(index 3).  Which it does seem to do...but...upon inspection of the arrow's origin property at runtime, it's origin is the table itself, not the particular row. 

And since the Anchorpoints are set on the row, not the table, I cant use OrgnAnchor to set the point for the start of the arrow.

Any ideas?  OH, btw, we're still evaluating the control, so I'm using the demo...

Dave

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: Arrows, Anchors and Table rows...oh my
Reply #1 - Nov 1st, 2005 at 3:08pm
Print Post  
Hi,

You are right, it seems there isn't any way to set programmatically the arrow's anchor point to a row's AnchorPattern. I'll let the developers know they should add a new CreateArrow override to allow that.

Stoyan

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #2 - Nov 1st, 2005 at 3:12pm
Print Post  
... and the arrow's Origin and Destination refer to the table even if the arrow is attached to a row. You can use the OrgnIndex or DestIndex properties of an arrow to determine to which rows the arrow is attached. These return -1 if the arrow is attached to a table but not to a specific row.

Stoyan

IP Logged

DConroy
YaBB Newbies

Reply #3 - Nov 1st, 2005 at 4:33pm
Print Post  
Hopefully we can find a workaround...

Is there any idea how long this new overload you mentioned might take to make it to release?

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #4 - Nov 1st, 2005 at 5:19pm
Print Post  
Usually 1-2 days would be enough for this, but now we are busy preparing FC.NET version 4 beta tests. We'll upload the beta version by the end of this week and then the developers can implement the method in some of the beta version daily builds, probably on Monday or Tuesday.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint