Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic ActionRecorded (Read 2544 times)
rusted
YaBB Newbies

ActionRecorded
Nov 30th, 2005 at 9:30am
Print Post  
Hi,
I seem to be having trouble with the ActionRecorded event not being raised.  Is there a specific property that needs setting in order for this event to be raised?
Thx.

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: ActionRecorded
Reply #1 - Nov 30th, 2005 at 12:39pm
Print Post  
Hi,

ActionRecorded is not raised for commands added to a composite command. You will get ActionRecorded raised only for the CompositeCmd instance.

Stoyan

IP Logged

rusted
YaBB Newbies

Reply #2 - Nov 30th, 2005 at 6:33pm
Print Post  
But the Commands.CompositeCmd instance does not raise any events itself....  ??? ... and I have put a debug breakpoint in the flowchart.ActionRecorded event handler, and this never gets hit, whether I am executing composite commands or not.

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #3 - Dec 1st, 2005 at 5:52am
Print Post  
ActionRecorded is raised every time a command is inserted into the undo/redo queue. It is raised by the queue class itself, so I can only imagine it to fail raising the event if undo is disabled or the UndoDepth is set to 0. That could also happen if an exception is raised in a previous event handler. E.g. if itemDeleted handler raises an exception and you catch it somewhere in your application, the execution might not get to the instruction where ActionRecorded is raised.

We still keep the test application you sent us, and tried showing message boxes when ActionRecorded is raised. They are shown every time when table are created or deleted, either using the buttons or by drawing with the mouse. Can you think of some steps we could follow to reproduce the event not firing problem?

Thank you,
Stoyan

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint