Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Enumerations renamed (Read 2621 times)
Peter
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Enumerations renamed
Dec 22nd, 2005 at 9:15pm
Print Post  
Hi,

I am more or less happy with your control, but there is something I just noticed that happened between version 3.* and 4.*. It appears, that most (or all) of the enumerations have been renamed. Being a developer I understand the need that arises sometimes to make certain changes that may break existing code in order to fix something. I trully dont understand why I had to recompile and fix numerous places in my code in order to fix the enumeration names.  ???

IP Logged

Slavcho
YaBB Moderator

tech.support

Re: Enumerations renamed
Reply #1 - Dec 23rd, 2005 at 5:38am
Print Post  
Hi,

The old enumeration names remained from the ActiveX days, the names were copied without change from the FlowChartX OCX control when we ported the ATL/C++ code to .NET/C#. Now the .NET type naming guidelines state that no prefixes and abbreviations should be used in type names, so we decided it's about time to start using that naming convention. Indeed we should stick to the .NET convention from day 1, now I can't remember why the old names remained back then.

Anyway the VS 'Replace in files' command should help changing the enum names quickly, we were able to update the FlowChart.NET samples in 15 minutes by just starting the replace operation from the samples root folder.

Finally that should help a bit making source code more legible, because now you don't have to mix the naming conventions, e.g. by using say "GraphicsUnit.Point" and "EImagePos.imgTopLeft" in the same code block.

If anyone has troubles with updating your code to the new enum names, send it to me and I will fix it personally  Lips Sealed

IP Logged

Slavcho
YaBB Moderator

tech.support

Reply #2 - Dec 23rd, 2005 at 5:41am
Print Post  
Oh, and according to the naming guidelines the event delegate prototypes must end in a 'Handler' suffix. Probably we will update these too in the version 5 API.

IP Logged

Slavcho
YaBB Moderator

tech.support

Reply #3 - Dec 23rd, 2005 at 1:52pm
Print Post  
The XmlReader still supports loading old- style diagrams from version 3.*. If some file fails to load, could you send it to support@mindfusion.org so we can check what's wrong. Thank you.

IP Logged

Peter
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #4 - Dec 23rd, 2005 at 7:59pm
Print Post  
Hi,
I think I chased down all the renamed properties and enums (some of them were internally used along with reflection, hence the aggravation). The xml reader seems to be working fine, I found what the problem was, it's not the FlowChart's issue.
Thanks for the support, I appreciate your help, happy holidays

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint