Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) PocketPlannerDesign for .NET 2.0 (Read 56945 times)
Vitor Silva

PocketPlannerDesign for .NET 2.0
Mar 10th, 2006 at 3:28pm
Print Post  
I'm trying to use Pocket Planner Trial in Visual Studio 2005.

I added the PocketPlannerDesign.dll reference without even add the PocketPlanner (design the component).
The project contains a form with a Picture component.
When deploying the project to pocket PC I get an error at System.Drawing.Bitmap

I think the PocketPlannerDesign.dll conflicts with System.Drawing.dll (2.0)

Sometimes I canīt even access the form in the design view.

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: PocketPlannerDesign for .NET 2.0
Reply #1 - Mar 10th, 2006 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
Hi,

With VS2005 use the dlls from the 'Assemblies for .NET 2.0' folder if building a .NET CF 2 project. In such a case use the PocketPlanner.dll, and not the PocketPlannerDesign.dll. Even then there are some issues where the design-time generated code cannot be compiled for CF2. E.g. some constructor overrides available only in the full .NET framework are called. These issues will be fixed in the next version our developers are currently working on. In the mean time, if you notice that some code from the InitializeComponent method does not compile - remove it from there and write the correct CF compatible initialization code from within the form constructor or the OnLoad event handler.

Stoyan

IP Logged

racer

Reply #2 - Mar 27th, 2006 at 6:43am
Print Post  
i have copied the files from assemblies for .net 2.0 in
C:\Program Files\MindFusion Limited\PocketPlanner Trial

and i stil cant run the program

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #3 - Mar 27th, 2006 at 8:37am
Print Post  
Could you try that with version 3:

https://mindfusion.org/_beta/PocketPlannerTrial.zip

Now there isn't a designer dll used at all with the .NETCF2 assemblies. Just add a reference to the PocketPlanner.dll.

IP Logged

racer

Reply #4 - Mar 28th, 2006 at 7:21am
Print Post  
so now i must copie all the files from
C:\Program Files\MindFusion Limited\PocketPlanner Trial\Assemblies for .NET 2.0
to
C:\Program Files\MindFusion Limited\PocketPlanner Trial
and what you said
add a reference to the PocketPlanner.dll.
how do you do that? ???

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #5 - Mar 28th, 2006 at 7:58am
Print Post  
You don't have to copy them, just use them from that location. I.e.

- start VS2005
- create a new .NETCF2 project
- open the toolbox
- add/remove items from the toolbox context menu
- browse to the " C:\Program Files\MindFusion Limited\PocketPlanner Trial\Assemblies for .NET 2.0 " folder
- select the PocketPlanner.dll
- draw the control on the form

Or if you have an existing project, open the solution explorer, expand the references branch, remove any current references to pocketplanner.dll, choose "add reference" from the context menu and select the .NETCF2 PocketPlanner.dll

IP Logged

racer

Reply #6 - Mar 28th, 2006 at 11:13am
Print Post  
ok i have done that changement but i still have 3 errors and 1 warning when i want to open
C:\Program Files\MindFusion Limited\PocketPlanner Trial\Samples\VB.NET\Demo

these are the warnings and errors

Warning1The designer cannot process the code at line 74:

Me._calendar.DisplayDate = New Date(2005, 11, 25, 0, 0, 0, 0)

The code within the method 'InitializeComponent' is generated by the designer and should not be manually modified.  Please remove any changes and try opening the designer again.C:\Program Files\MindFusion Limited\PocketPlanner Trial\Samples\VB.NET\Demo\MainForm.vb750

Error2Unable to resolve type 'MindFusion.Scheduling.Compact.Calendar, PocketPlannerDesigner, Version=1.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'C:\Program Files\MindFusion Limited\PocketPlanner Trial\Samples\VB.NET\Demo\licenses.licx1Demo

Error3Reference required to assembly 'System.Windows.Forms, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=969db8053d3322ac, Retargetable=Yes' containing the base class 'System.Windows.Forms.Control'. Add one to your project.C:\Program Files\MindFusion Limited\PocketPlanner Trial\Samples\VB.NET\Demo\MainForm.vb736Demo

Error4Reference required to assembly 'System.Windows.Forms, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=969db8053d3322ac, Retargetable=Yes' containing the base class 'System.Windows.Forms.Control'. Add one to your project.C:\Program Files\MindFusion Limited\PocketPlanner Trial\Samples\VB.NET\Demo\MainForm.vb5828Demo

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #7 - Mar 28th, 2006 at 11:21am
Print Post  
Ok, it seems there is some problem with converting projects from VS2003 to VS2005.

Remove the

Me._calendar.DisplayDate = New Date(2005, 11, 25, 0, 0, 0, 0)

line. Open the .vbproj file with notepad, find the reference to pocketplannerdesigner.dll and remove the whole reference tag from the project file. Save it and reopen the project in VS. Add a reference to System.Windows.Forms.dll if VS still complains about it.

IP Logged

racer

Reply #8 - Mar 28th, 2006 at 11:56am
Print Post  
this is the only thing i find in the .vbproj file

<ReferencePath>d:\projects\pocketplanner\;c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.
1.4322\;C:\Program Files\MindFusion Limited\PocketPlanner Trial\;C:\Program Files\MindFusion Limited\PocketPlanner\</ReferencePath>

you can see that in those references no pocketplannerdesigner is

and when i save that and open demo again i get
this errors

Warning1The designer cannot process the code at line 80:

Me._calendar.WeekRangeSettings.EndDate = New Date(2006, 1, 28, 0, 0, 0, 0)

The code within the method 'InitializeComponent' is generated by the designer and should not be manually modified.  Please remove any changes and try opening the designer again.C:\Program Files\MindFusion Limited\PocketPlanner Trial\Samples\VB.NET\Demo\MainForm.vb810

Error2'MindFusion.Scheduling.Compact.WeekRangeSettings.Private ReadOnly Property EndDate() As Date' is not accessible in this context because it is 'Private'.C:\Program Files\MindFusion Limited\PocketPlanner Trial\Samples\VB.NET\Demo\MainForm.vb819Demo

Error3'MindFusion.Scheduling.Compact.WeekRangeSettings.Private ReadOnly Property StartDate() As Date' is not accessible in this context because it is 'Private'.C:\Program Files\MindFusion Limited\PocketPlanner Trial\Samples\VB.NET\Demo\MainForm.vb829Demo

Error4Unable to resolve type 'MindFusion.Scheduling.Compact.Calendar, PocketPlannerDesigner, Version=1.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'C:\Program Files\MindFusion Limited\PocketPlanner Trial\Samples\VB.NET\Demo\licenses.licx1Demo
8)

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #9 - Mar 28th, 2006 at 12:37pm
Print Post  
Here is the Demo sample ported to .NET 2:

https://mindfusion.org/_samples/demo2.zip

IP Logged

racer

Reply #10 - Mar 29th, 2006 at 10:07am
Print Post  
i have tried the demo and it works but i have seen that the layout and the code isnt the same as the demo application

i have one question the pocket planner is for dentist and the planning is saved in a sql database is it possible that when he put 60 meeting on one day and that he saved those in a sql database that the program run fast enough
or is it just possible for 10 meeting a day

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #11 - Mar 29th, 2006 at 10:44am
Print Post  
>> the layout and the code isnt the same as the demo application

Do you mean it isn't the same as the Demo sample of the Planner.NET control ? The PocketPlanner Demo sample corresponds to the MinApp sample of Planner.NET. Otherwise the API is the same, so you should be able to copy&paste code from the Planner.NET samples to PocketPlanner projects.

>> when he put 60 meeting on one day and that he saved those in a sql database that the program run fast enough or is it just possible for 10 meeting a day

The control won't limit you on how many appointments you can load in it, and having many appointments won't make it work much slower than it runs without any appointments.

IP Logged

racer

Reply #12 - Mar 30th, 2006 at 5:21am
Print Post  
i mean that the demo itself is good for me so the copie of demo that you give to me works but it is different as the demo and it is the demo that i want to work Grin

i have look to the copie of demo code and i cant change anything even changing a name he gives an error

the given name of assembly code is invalid exception of hresult :0x80131047

IP Logged

racer

Reply #13 - Mar 30th, 2006 at 8:03am
Print Post  
i have found the problem of the labeling so everything is good
but i have a question

Me._calendar.Date = New Date(2005, 11, 25, 0, 0, 0, 0)
       Me._calendar.EndDate = New Date(2010, 4, 28, 0, 0, 0, 0)
       Me._calendar.Size = New System.Drawing.Size(240, 272)

this is that piece of copie demo
you can see the begindate new date 25 november 2005
wat i want to  know is of it is possible to change that so you can see the data that begins today until enddate

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #14 - Mar 30th, 2006 at 9:16am
Print Post  
It is the exactly same Demo sample only translated to .NETCF 2, I can't see any differences from the original sample. Have you downloaded the PocketPlanner 3 version from the link above?

Set

calendar.Date = DateTime.Now

to start from today.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Send TopicPrint