Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Can't set Brush in properties window (Read 4766 times)
Philip

Can't set Brush in properties window
Jun 14th, 2006 at 6:34pm
Print Post  
In VS2005 you can't change the brush in the properties window.  This is in Calendar.dll v4.0.2355.16892, framework 1.1

IP Logged

Philip

Re: Can't set Brush in properties window
Reply #1 - Jun 14th, 2006 at 6:41pm
Print Post  
Nevermind, I was clicking on "No Brush" and expecting it to clear the brush, but it puts it back to the default.

Is there a simple way to have the brush color not change when an item is selected?  I only want the border to change, and the interior brush to stay as it is already drawn before being selected.

IP Logged

Meppy
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #2 - Jun 15th, 2006 at 5:16am
Print Post  
Unfortunately, setting the Brush property to null instructs the control to use the corresponding brush form the current theme. You can of course set the same brush to both Style and SelectedStyle to ensure that the interior of the item does not change when the item is selected or deselected.

Meppy

IP Logged

Philip

Reply #3 - Jun 16th, 2006 at 8:02pm
Print Post  
I ended up writing a class to hold on to my different styles and then I assigned them to the Style and SelectedStyle.  There was lots of trial and error to get the colors just right and such. 

I noticed that there is a few collections for DayOfWeekStyles, DayStyles, and MonthStyles in the calendar control.  These are nice because they have the color picker/brush picker built in.

Would it be possible to have a collection to store styles in that can then be assigned to appointments in code?  This would make setting up the styles a lot easier than having to assign the brushes and colors manually in code.

IP Logged

Meppy
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #4 - Jun 19th, 2006 at 5:44am
Print Post  
We will add such collection in the next release.

Meppy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint