Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) proerties "locks up" (Read 25484 times)
andersco
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: proerties "locks up"
Reply #15 - Jan 27th, 2009 at 4:54pm
Print Post  
We recently purchased the source code and I upgraded the solution and project to visual studio 2008/3.5 framework.  I am using the compiled dll in debug mode.  The properties window says it is version 4.5.0.32962.

Thanks

IP Logged

Meppy
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #16 - Jan 28th, 2009 at 7:04am
Print Post  
If you have the source code, you can add the following lines to the MindFusion.Scheduling.Compact.Calendar section:

Code
Select All
<Property Name="DateTimeFormat">
  <Browsable>false</Browsable>
  <DesignerSerializationVisibility>DesignerSerializationVisibility.Hidden</DesignerSerializationVisibility>
</Property> 

Let me know if it works.

Meppy

IP Logged

andersco
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #17 - Jan 30th, 2009 at 12:17am
Print Post  
I'd be happy to try this but I'm not sure where you mean to add this code.  Is it in one of the resx files?  Let me know the steps to take and I will try it.

Thanks.

IP Logged

Meppy
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #18 - Jan 30th, 2009 at 7:07am
Print Post  
Aah, yes, forgot to mention that you have to add these lines in the DesignTimeAttributes.xmta file in the PocketPlanner project.

Meppy

IP Logged

andersco
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #19 - Jan 30th, 2009 at 5:18pm
Print Post  
Hmm unfortunately that code is already there.  Is there anything else that could be missing or causing it?

Thanks

IP Logged

Meppy
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #20 - Feb 2nd, 2009 at 8:26am
Print Post  
When you compile the control all design-time attributes are written in a satellite assembly, called PocketPlanner.PocketPC.asmmeta.dll. Can you ensure that this assembly is present in the folder where the PocketPlanner.dll is located?

Meppy

IP Logged

andersco
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #21 - Feb 2nd, 2009 at 6:18pm
Print Post  
This dll is built but I am copying the PocketPlanner.dll into another location (my project folder) so it is not in that folder.  I tried copying the .asmmeta.dll to the folder also, but that didn't fix it.  I also tried referencing the .asmmeta.dll in my project, but then I get the error:

The type 'MindFusion.Scheduling.Compact.Calendar' exists in both '...\PocketPlanner.PocketPC.asmmeta.dll' and '...\PocketPlanner.dll'

Am I deploying the wrong way?

Thanks.

IP Logged

Meppy
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #22 - Feb 3rd, 2009 at 7:24am
Print Post  
The asmmeta dll is only required on your development machine, it doesn't need to be directly referenced or deployed on the device, it must be simply located in the same directory as the referenced PocketPlanner.dll.

Let me know if it still doesn't work if those conditions are met. Try also creating a new project and add the PocketPlanner to it but ensure that the asmmeta is present in the target directory.

Meppy

IP Logged

andersco
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #23 - Feb 4th, 2009 at 4:58pm
Print Post  
The conditions are met (asmmeta.dll is in the same directory that pocketplanner.dll is referenced from) but the behavior is the same: if I modify the calendar control on the form and re-deploy, it adds the offending line of code in the designer.  I have also confirmed that this happens in a new project that meets these conditions.  This doesn't happen for you?  Have you tried when you upgraded the project to the 3.5 framework?

Thanks

IP Logged

Meppy
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #24 - Feb 5th, 2009 at 8:46am
Print Post  
I don't know what might be the cause for this line to continue to be generated. I have a version of the control for 3.5 and it works as expected.

One solution would be to completely remove this property if you are not using it. Otherwise, you can replace this property with a pair of Get and Set methods that do the same thing.

Can you also send me your dlls to make a quick test with them at my place?

Thanks,
Meppy

IP Logged

andersco
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #25 - Feb 10th, 2009 at 2:25am
Print Post  
FYI I emailed you but I didn't get a response.  I'm guessing it isn't getting past the spam filter.  Can you post the response here?

Thanks.

IP Logged

Meppy
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #26 - Feb 10th, 2009 at 10:08am
Print Post  
I have sent you a PM with my answer. Please, check it and let me know what you think.

Meppy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint