Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Visible Items (Read 5132 times)
kennylouie
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Visible Items
Dec 21st, 2006 at 12:20am
Print Post  
Hi there,

I'm currently testing out Planner.NET to possibly replace another scheduling component. I was wondering if there was an easy way to programmatically get the Items (Appointments) that have been added to the schedule AND are currently visible to the user?

IP Logged

Meppy
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: Visible Items
Reply #1 - Dec 21st, 2006 at 11:23am
Print Post  
Unfortunatelly I cannot think of any way this could be accomplished with the current version of Planner.NET. We are going to implement this feature however and and I will post a link when it is ready.

Meppy

IP Logged

Meppy
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #2 - Dec 21st, 2006 at 1:09pm
Print Post  
You can download a new version of Planner.NET from here:

https://mindfusion.org/_planner/_Planner.NET_41_trial17.zip

There is a new method GetVisibleItems in the Calendar class, which returns a collection of all currently visible items.

Meppy

IP Logged

kennylouie
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #3 - Dec 21st, 2006 at 3:59pm
Print Post  
Oh thanks I'll give that version a try.

As a work around I used the GetDateAt method to determine what was the date range visible and then I looped through the appointments myself to get a rough idea of what was on the screen.

IP Logged

Meppy
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #4 - Dec 22nd, 2006 at 5:35am
Print Post  
This is indeed a smart solution. Cheer! There are some cases however, that are not covered by this check, particularly when using grouped views. Anyway, check the new version and tell me if it works fine for you.

Meppy

IP Logged

SimonL
YaBB Newbies

Reply #5 - Apr 4th, 2007 at 7:55am
Print Post  
Hi,

2 Questions for you:

1. I'm trying to use getVisibleItems. In my app I have hotel rooms listed down the y-axis and dates across the x-axis. If I scroll to the right and down  the left so that some items are now not visible. But then I select an item that IS now currently visible and call the get visible items, it does not apeear in the collection. I am doing something wrong or has this been fixed in v2.

2. We have a licence for 4.1, how do I get 4.2. I think you emailed it to me recently but I know longer have the email, can I download it?

Regards,
Simon

IP Logged

Meppy
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #6 - Apr 4th, 2007 at 8:51am
Print Post  
1. I am testing GetVisibleItems here, trying to reproduce your scenario, but it works fine. Is it possible to send me your calendar settings or a small application which reproduces this bug?

2. I will upload the latest version and send you a private link through an e-mail later today.

Meppy

IP Logged

Meppy
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #7 - Apr 4th, 2007 at 8:53am
Print Post  
My colleague just informed me that we have sent an upgrade to Daniel Wood on March, 7th. Can you please check with him and let me know whether you have received it?

Meppy

IP Logged

SimonL
YaBB Newbies

Reply #8 - Apr 4th, 2007 at 9:23am
Print Post  
Daniel is currently on holiday - can you forward the email to myself please. I'm pretty sure you would have sent the email to me in the first place, I just can't find it anymore.

Regards,
Simon

IP Logged

SimonL
YaBB Newbies

Reply #9 - Apr 12th, 2007 at 7:33am
Print Post  
Meppy,

I am using version 4.2 now but I'm still experiencing problems with (or not understanding properly  Smiley GetVisibleItems.

Heres the scenario, in my application this is what happens:-

1. Clear the contents of the calendar control
2. Populate the location collection (y- axis)
3. Populate the contents of the calendar
4. Scroll several screen widths to the right
5. Scroll several screens down
6. Highlight an item in the calendar
7. Double click it, bring up a new form, do some work and close the new form.

At this point I need to clear the calendar and repopulate it because other users may have added/deleted/amended/moved other items. But I want the user to still see the item they are working on still highlighted in the calendar.

Currently I'm calling EnsureVisible which works but causes the selected item to appear in the top left of the control. So it looks to the user that item has "jumped" toi te top left. I really want to check if the item is currently visible and just clear the ItemSelection collection,  add the item to the ItemSelection collection so the user sees the selected item exactly where they double clicked on it.

Is this possible ?

Regards,
Simon

IP Logged

Meppy
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #10 - Apr 12th, 2007 at 8:55am
Print Post  
What happens when you simply add the item (the one that the user was changing in step 7) to the ItemSelection collection once it is recreated (without calling EnsureVisible at all)? When an item is deleted and created again with the same start and end time, it should appear exactly where it was before it was deleted.

Meppy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint