Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Date and EndDate, MonthView (Read 11771 times)
Jeffry
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Date and EndDate, MonthView
Feb 9th, 2007 at 10:38am
Print Post  
Hi,

I'm evaluation PocketPlanner 4.1.0.0. First of all, I'm impressed with all the features! Now I have some questions (maybe because of all those features  Wink ).

First of all, I have a test app that has several appointments from 2006-10-20 until 2007-05-08. I set the Date property to the earliest appointment date and the EndDate property to the latest appointment date. That way I'm able to see them all in the week range and resource views.

However, I don't want to start the view looking at 2006-10-20, I want to see Today and then be able to scroll left and right. Is that possible?

BTW, I like the way the TimeTable and Month views work. There you have the navigation buttons and you can just go backward and forward. I think it would be nice to have it the same way in e.g. the week range and resource views. Because I'm wondering, doesn't it use more resources to have such a large area that you need to scroll through in the week range and resource views?

A second question: The SingleMonth view doesn't show any appointments, while all the other views do show appointments.

Thanks,
Jeffry

IP Logged

Meppy
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: Date and EndDate, MonthView
Reply #1 - Feb 9th, 2007 at 1:02pm
Print Post  
Hi,

Unfortunately it is not currently possible to scroll beyond the date range displayed in the control. You can however add two external buttons and advance the displayed date forth and back when the appropriate button is pressed.

As for the SingleMonth view not showing appointments, this is because of the view's default style. The appointments in this view are displayed within the contents area of individual day cells. The default style of the view however specifies that the header of the day cells should cover the entire cell area leaving no space for contents. Because of this no items are visible. You can of course set smaller header size, leaving some space for appointments, by assigning to the Calendar.MonthSettings.DaySettings.HeaderSize property value different than 0.

Meppy

IP Logged

Jeffry
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #2 - Feb 9th, 2007 at 1:48pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the explanation. I managed to show appointments in the month view.

Could you elaborate a bit on the two external buttons that advance the displayed date? How do I do that?

I guess I'm still having some problems understanding the Date and EndDate and how they interact with the different calendar views.

E.g. if you take my first example. I set the Date and EndDate to a certain value. Then if I navigate back and forth through the Month view, it apparently changes the Date property. Say I navigate two months forward, then when I go to the Resource view, it starts at the new Date, but because I'm unable to scroll backward in that view I can't see the appointments in the past anymore. To view them I have to go to the month view, navigate back, then go the the resource view again.

Another question. I have set the Date and EndDate. The Date is set to 2006-10-20. However, I want the month, week and resource view to initially start at today's date. How do I do that?

Thanks again,
Jeffry

BTW, I'll just go ahead and purchase the PocketPlanner because I'm sure I get this figured out and it's a great component saving me a lot of work!  Smiley

IP Logged

Meppy
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #3 - Feb 9th, 2007 at 2:38pm
Print Post  
Here is how Date and EndDate affect various views:

SingleMonth view: displays the month containing Date; EndDate is ignored.

MonthRange view: starts with the month, containing Date; the total number of months displayed is controlled by Calendar.MonthRangeSettings.NumberOfMonths; EndDate is ignored.

WeekRange view: the first displayed week is the one containing Date *; displayes all dates up to EndDate.

Timetable view: displays only the days specified in the Calendar.TimetableSettings.Dates collection; Date and EndDate are ignored.

DayRange view: starts with Date and displayes the total number of days as specified by Calendar.DayRangeSettings.NumberOfDays; EndDate is ignored.

Resource view: displays the time interval between Date and EndDate.

If you navigate to another date using the built-in buttons in particular view, this automatically changes the calendar properties defining the displayed date of this view. For example, if you click the left button in a SingleMonth view, the Calendar.Date property will change to the previous month, which will also affect all other views, which are using this property. You will have to explicitly set the Calendar.Date and Calendar.EndDate properties when you switch between views if you want them to display different time intervals.

As for the external buttons, here is one possible scenario for the Resource view: Add two buttons to the form containing PocketPlanner, set the text of the left one to '<' for example and the text of the right one to '>', then handle their Click events. In the click event of the left button modify both Calendar.Date and Calendar.EndDate properties to point to the previous month (pay attention that some months have less number of days than others). Similarly for the right button.

Meppy

* The first displayed date might be different than Date. This is the first day of the week, which contains Date, as specified by Calendar.DateTimeFormat or Calendar.Culture.DateTimeFormat.

IP Logged

Riesi
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #4 - Feb 13th, 2008 at 12:23pm
Print Post  
Hi,

we also have a similar problem here: Are built-in navigation buttons and header labels planned for the listview a version in the near future?

Thanks,

Riesi

IP Logged

Meppy
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #5 - Feb 14th, 2008 at 6:11am
Print Post  
Do you need navigation buttons in List View, similar to those in the Timetable view?

Meppy

IP Logged

Riesi
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #6 - Feb 15th, 2008 at 8:33am
Print Post  
exactly.

Riesi

IP Logged

Meppy
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #7 - Feb 15th, 2008 at 11:59am
Print Post  
We will do this for the next release.

Meppy

IP Logged

Riesi
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #8 - Feb 18th, 2008 at 10:28am
Print Post  
Great, thanks Meppy.
A suggestion in this context:
Would be perfect if there was more flexibility in the buttons, for example:

We use the timetable view for a weekly view consisting of 7 days (instead of list view so we can also display the headertext).
There we have 4 navigation bottons similar to the month view: first, prev, next, last
First should set the visible area to one month ago, next should set the visible area one week ago,
same with next and last (one week/month in the future).
Now we are displaying our own navigation buttons, but if the scheduler could do this by itself, ideally customised of how they should behave, it would be perfect.

Thanks again.

Riesi

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint