Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Export not working (Read 3123 times)
baijuku
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Export not working
May 15th, 2008 at 11:51am
Print Post  
Hello

We are using Flowcharx Pro in one of our web applciation. We tried to export the flow chart to Visio, SVG and BMP from the webpage. In the development PC it is working fine. But when we deployed it in the test application server, it is not working. It is not throwing any error also. I checked the file path and that folder has enough permission for asp.net machine account and network service. Is it necessary to register the flowchatx dll in the Server? I dont think so but I did it also and there is no change in the result. How can I debug and make this work?

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: Export not working
Reply #1 - May 15th, 2008 at 2:40pm
Print Post  
Hi,

Are you exporting these files on the server or on the client system?

Stoyan

IP Logged

baijuku
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #2 - May 16th, 2008 at 5:24am
Print Post  
We are writing the file in the server and then trying to download it from there to the client.

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #3 - May 16th, 2008 at 7:49am
Print Post  
You will have to register the FlowchartPro, FcxVisioExport and FcxSvgExport dlls on the application server. Since ASP cannot instantiate controls that require a runtime license,  you will have to copy the design-time registry key to the server too. You can find it under the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MindFusion\ComponentLicenses registry key. Use the regedit export and import commands to copy it from your development system to the server.

I hope that helps,
Stoyan

IP Logged

baijuku
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #4 - May 16th, 2008 at 11:46am
Print Post  
Hello

We tried by registering those three dlls in the Server. But same result. Export is not working.

If we need to register these dlls at the server, it would be difficutl as we have some intranet installaions. Is there any way to do this at the client side?

Thanks
Baiju

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #5 - May 16th, 2008 at 2:55pm
Print Post  
You already have some deployment process for your application, don't you? You could create an installer package in VS, add the dll files to it, and mark them as COM self-registering servers. Then run the MSI file on all servers where your application will run, as part of its deployment. If you are already using an MSI package, add the dlls to the existing project.

Stoyan

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint