Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Using FC V4.3 and V5 side by side (Read 1575 times)
jf2020

I love FlowChart!

Using FC V4.3 and V5 side by side
Jul 23rd, 2008 at 9:39am
Print Post  
Hi,

We have an application that makes heavy use of FC V4.3 and unfortunately migrating to V5 is not an option at this time as it involves way too many changes and we can't take the risk now. However, we would like to create a view using the new 3D view of FC 5.1. I have added a separate project for that to my solution, but unfortunately both V4 and V5 have a Mindfusion.Common dll and VS complains about this whatever I tried (like renaming one to Common.2.dll, setting use specific version, having a different path,...) There should be a simple solution to that I guess but I just don't know how. Can you help me?

Thanks!

Edit: I have also now tried this method http://blogs.msdn.com/abhinaba/archive/2005/11/30/498278.aspx  but it doesn't work either as my problem is that I guess I rename one of the two MindFusion.Common.dll and I get this:

System.IO.FileLoadException

-----------------

Could not load file or assembly 'MindFusion.Common, Version=1.0.3083.21518, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7fed53ada5b92263' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

« Last Edit: Jul 23rd, 2008 at 12:01pm by jf2020 »  

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: Using FC V4.3 and V5 side by side
Reply #1 - Jul 23rd, 2008 at 2:42pm
Print Post  
Hi,

Renaming common.dll won't work because the assemblies are strong-named.

I suppose you could merge diagramming, diagramming.winforms and common into a single assembly, say fcnet51.dll. Then add a fcnet51.dll reference to your project. You will probably have to define a namespace alias for it, since the MindFusion.Common classes will conflict otherwise.

To merge the assemblies, use ILMerge or Xenocode.

I hope that helps,
Stoyan

IP Logged

jf2020

I love FlowChart!

Re: Using FC V4.3 and V5 side by side
Reply #2 - Jul 24th, 2008 at 9:54am
Print Post  
Stoyan,

Smiley You've made my day!  ILMerge did the trick. As usual support I'm get on your component is top notch...

Jean-Francois

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint