Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Flowlayout and lane nodes (Read 3370 times)
kai-uwe.zoland
YaBB Newbies

Flowlayout and lane nodes
Oct 24th, 2008 at 8:23am
Print Post  
Hi,

I am currently using the FlowLayout class of the WpfDiagram to arrange my diagram using nodes as lanes. I get the first promising results if I have only one lane. Now I want to understand the FlowLayoutTrait 'Lane'. How can I specify for a node before calling the arrange function, which lane it should take? I tried to assign the lane node, that should be used, to the FlowLayoutTrait of the node. But that seems not to work and after the call of the arrange function the value of this trait is changed to an integer. How does the assignment of a node to a lane work? Or how do I specify, in which lane the node should be placed?

And how can I influence the order of the lanes? Do I have to give them different positions? And will the arrange method retain this order of the lanes? Currently I create all nodes and lane nodes at position (0,0).

Thanks
Kai-Uwe

WWWYIM  
IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: Flowlayout and lane nodes
Reply #1 - Oct 24th, 2008 at 9:56am
Print Post  
Hi,

You should assign someNode.LayoutTraits[Lane] = lane_index where lane_index is the integer lane number. You set some nodes as lanes by setting LayoutTraits[LaneNode] = true for them.

I hope that helps,
Stoyan

PS. You can see this used in the test application our developers did for you for the Windows Forms version of the control. By the way we have ported this to WPF as well, I can send you the WPF version if you need it.

IP Logged

kai-uwe.zoland
YaBB Newbies

Reply #2 - Oct 24th, 2008 at 10:55am
Print Post  
Where do I get this lane index? Do I set the Lane Trait also for the Lanenode and define it that way? Or is it just the index from the Nodes Collection of the diagram? I also checked the test application, but there I did not find any clue, how this Lane trait works. Or I have some older version of the test application.

Thanks
  Kai-Uwe

PS.: Can you send me the WPF version of the test application, please. Email is in my profil. Thank you.

WWWYIM  
IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #3 - Oct 24th, 2008 at 12:19pm
Print Post  
The lane index should be a value between 0 and the number of lane nodes - 1. FlowLayout sorts the lanes according to the Y position of the nodes that define them, and the indices correspond to that order. So the lane node at the top has index = 0, the one below it 1, etc.

I hope that helps,
Stoyan

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #4 - Oct 27th, 2008 at 10:45am
Print Post  
Just e-mailed it.

I hope that helps,
Stoyan

IP Logged

kai-uwe.zoland
YaBB Newbies

Reply #5 - Oct 27th, 2008 at 5:05pm
Print Post  
Thank you, I got your mail and setting the lane node now also works.

Kai-Uwe

WWWYIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint