Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic FlowLayout LaneDistance property (Read 1691 times)
tom_w

Swimlanes made our dreams
come true :-)

FlowLayout LaneDistance property
Nov 6th, 2008 at 11:25am
Print Post  
Hi

Am I right in saying the FlowLayout.LaneDistance property should insert a blank area between each of the lanes?

I'm having no luck making it do anything, does it only work if I am using nodes for lanes (which I'm not at present)?

Thanks

Tom

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: FlowLayout LaneDistance property
Reply #1 - Nov 6th, 2008 at 1:23pm
Print Post  
Hi,

You are right, it only works when using nodes as lanes. The lanes-grid doesn't yet allow for empty space between lanes.

Stoyan

IP Logged

tom_w

Swimlanes made our dreams
come true :-)

Reply #2 - Nov 6th, 2008 at 1:26pm
Print Post  
Thanks Stoyan.  Do you think I would be better using nodes for lanes - i.e. is that what the flowlayout is primarily designed and tested for at present?

It probably makes sense for me to use a solution as close as possible to the one you guys are doing all the work on?

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #3 - Nov 7th, 2008 at 9:15am
Print Post  
There are three methods actually, and they should be equally well tested. Of them, the one that uses the lanes grid doesn't currently allow for distance between lanes. The one you probably don't know of is to just pass an array of rectangles to be used as lanes. Then you could render the lane rectangles yourself using the DrawBackground event. As with lane nodes this will let you use whatever distance between lanes you want, but it's a cleaner solution because you won't have to distinguish between lane and non-lane nodes.

I hope that helps,
Stoyan

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint