Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic MultiSelect left mouse button (Read 2603 times)
chrise
YaBB Newbies

MultiSelect left mouse button
Feb 11th, 2009 at 2:44pm
Print Post  
Multi-select works with  'right' click and 'ctrl and left' click. Is it possible to have only left click.

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: MultiSelect left mouse button
Reply #1 - Feb 11th, 2009 at 3:08pm
Print Post  
Set DiagramView.Behavior = Modify.

I hope that helps,
Stoyan

IP Logged

chrise
YaBB Newbies

Reply #2 - Feb 11th, 2009 at 4:10pm
Print Post  
Thanks for your reply. DefaultView.modify didn't do it for me. Let me expand on my question.

I can select individual nodes by left-clicking on them. By setting Selection.AllowMultipleSelection = true. I can now select multiple nodes by either right-clicking on each one, or holding down CTRL and left-clicking on each one.

My application is Tablet based so I would like to be able to set the above property and left click on each node I want to select.

Any suggestions?

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #3 - Feb 11th, 2009 at 4:17pm
Print Post  
You mean you don't want selecting items by left button down + dragging the mouse, but click-by-click? There is no built-in support for doing this by right clicking, so I suppose you have implemented it from some event handler. Can't you use the same event handler to handle left clicks too?

IP Logged

chrise
YaBB Newbies

Reply #4 - Feb 12th, 2009 at 9:25am
Print Post  
I don't do anything with the right mouse button, it just works, no handler. I read somewhere, I cant quite remember where now, that the two ways of multi-selecting were right clicking and ALT left click.

I was hoping I would just give the users the ability of Left clicking without holding down ALT.

Any help greatly appreciated.

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #5 - Feb 12th, 2009 at 9:35am
Print Post  
If RightButtonActions is set to Select, right clicking a node selects it and unselects all other nodes, and holding down the right button + dragging draws a selection rectangle for multiple selection. If it does something different, then you are either using a custom build of the control that changes this, or handling some events. The left mouse button should work the same way if DiagramView.Behavior is set to Modify, again if you are not overriding that from some event handlers.

Stoyan

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint