Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Two minor issues with scrollbars (Read 1998 times)
adavis
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Two minor issues with scrollbars
Jun 11th, 2009 at 2:15pm
Print Post  
Hi. I've been evaluating your product for a couple of weeks now, and I have to say I'm extremely impressed, both by the product and by the level of customer service I've seen you provide on these forums; so far, most of the questions I couldn't answer by reading your docs have been easily resolved with a search or two here. If we manage to land the contract we're gearing up for I'm quite confident we'll be purchasing your components.

Anyway, I've noticed a couple of minor issues related to scrollbars which don't appear to have been mentioned before, so I thought I'd bring them to your attention.

First: When zoomed out with both scrollbars shown, it is sometimes possible for the scrollbar on one axis to obscure nodes even when the user has scrolled as far as the other axis' scrollbar will allow.

Screenshot:

Currently this can be worked around by just adding some extra padding space to the diagram's canvas, like by adjusting the bounds or just giving ResizeToFitItems() a large-ish borderGap value.

The second issue is a cosmetic one I observed on another form I made, one in which the diagram contains just a single, large TableNode. This one's a little more complicated, so I'll step out how to reproduce it, but the short version is that the wrong mouse cursor gets displayed when the mouse is over the scrollbar.

To reproduce:

1. Create a form with a DiagramView anchored on all sides (so that resizing the form will resize the DiagramView), with all other properties left to defaults.
2. Place a TableNode with some number of rows in the diagram, and make sure it is selected.
3. Vertically resize the form such that the vertical scrollbar appears.
4. Horizontally resize the form so that the left-hand edge of the vertical scrollbar is within a few pixels of the right-hand edge of the selected TableNode.
5. Without crossing the diagram, move the mouse from the edge of the form to hover over the vertical scrollbar. A default mouse cursor is shown.
6. Move the mouse over the TableNode, then back to the scrollbar. As the mouse crosses the edge of the selected node it changes to a horizontal resize cursor, but then it will remain that way when the mouse is over the scrollbar.

(Note: It seems to just go with the cursor last set by the edge of the selected TableNode - so if you move the mouse to the top corner of the TableNode and then to the scrollbar, for example, it will show the diagonal resize cursor when the mouse is over the scrollbar.)

Once this happens, it seems to become impossible to get the default cursor over the scrollbar again; even if you move the mouse outside the application and then back to the scrollbar without crossing the diagram, the resize cursor will still be shown over the scrollbar.

I don't have an app to take a screenshot with the mouse cursor included, but here's an example of a form which will behave this way:

The easy workaround for this issue is just to widen the DiagramView so there's more space between the scrollbar and the edge of the TableNode.

I hope this is helpful. Let me know if you need any more info on these, or if I've been unclear about anything.

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: Two minor issues with scrollbars
Reply #1 - Jun 11th, 2009 at 3:01pm
Print Post  
Hi,

Thanks 8)

Yes, it seems the control doesn't consider the horizontal scrollbar height when setting the vertical scrollbar range, so the horizontal one hides the bottom few pixels of the diagram. We'll try to fix this and the cursor problem for the 3.2 release.

Stoyan

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint