Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Problem changing the diagram of a diagram view (Read 2592 times)
pifor106
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Problem changing the diagram of a diagram view
Jan 8th, 2010 at 6:13pm
Print Post  
Hi,

I have a strange problem which occurs in the following situation.

I have a diagram view which I use with two diagrams, alternatively. When I double-click on a node in a general, high level diagram, I enter an other, lower level diagram.

In order to do this, I use the Diagram property of the diagram view which I change manually. However, if I do not move my mouse, and I click again in the lower level diagram, the node from the other diagram pops up and may be dragged. However, if I move my mouse out of the area which was the bounds of the node, I cannot reproduce this behavior.

I have tried clearing the selection when I enter the other diagram, without success. Anyone has any idea as to why this is happening ? Do I need to invalidate anything or refresh something ?

Thanks for the help

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: Problem changing the diagram of a diagram view
Reply #1 - Jan 8th, 2010 at 6:48pm
Print Post  
Hi,

If you are using the ModificationStart = AutoHandles mode, the view might not have cleared its reference to the pointed node. Try temporarily changing its value to SelectedOnly and back to Auto, and it should get cleared.

I hope that helps,
Stoyan

IP Logged

pifor106
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #2 - Jan 8th, 2010 at 6:56pm
Print Post  
It does indeed fix the problem.

I'm quite a newbie when it comes to Flowchart, and I was wondering what exactly does this ModificationStart mode refers to ? I have set it to SelectedOnly as a default and I don't see any problems or different behavior, except that my bug is no longer an issue.

BTW, thanks for the AAA support Smiley That was fast !

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #3 - Jan 8th, 2010 at 7:02pm
Print Post  
8) If you keep it set to AutoHandles as default, the view automatically highlights the node under the mouse and lets you immediately start dragging it. If it's set to SelectedOnly, the view will let you drag only selected items, so you'll first have to click the node once to select it, and click once again to start dragging.

I hope that helps,
Stoyan

IP Logged

pifor106
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #4 - Jan 8th, 2010 at 7:34pm
Print Post  
Thanks a lot for the explanation, that fixed everything. However, I guess it should be fair to say that the diagram view should release it's handle on the hovered node when the diagram is changed Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint