Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Issues with Shadows (Read 1807 times)
SCooper
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Issues with Shadows
Aug 13th, 2010 at 7:48am
Print Post  
Hi, we have noticed that a white ShapeNode with a transparent boarder on a white view show a slither of shadow even when the shadow offsets are set to 0, 0.

We don't want to set the shadow transparent too since the users have the option to locate the shadow to the corners.

Is there something we should be doing to avoid showing this shadow outline?

Many thanks,
Steve

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: Issues with Shadows
Reply #1 - Aug 13th, 2010 at 12:01pm
Print Post  
Are you setting the node's Pen.Color to transparent to hide the border? In order to render shadows as big as the nodes when Pen.Width is large, the shadow shape is always drawn with a pen of the same thickness but with color set to the item's ShadowColor/Brush, so I suppose that's what you are seeing. As a work-around you'll have to set ShadowBrush to null when the shadow offsets are set to 0.

Stoyan

IP Logged

SCooper
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #2 - Aug 13th, 2010 at 12:41pm
Print Post  
In the version we are using we only have access to ShadowColor.

When we set the Pen.Color to either transparent or White we can see the shadow, though with transparent it is much more noticable.

We don't really want to hide the shadow, since the offsets could be non-zero, just to make sure its is fully hidden when they are.

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #3 - Aug 13th, 2010 at 1:44pm
Print Post  
I can't think of any other solution. Just set ShadowColor to Transparent when the offsets become 0 and restore it back to the original color when they are greater than 0.

Stoyan

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint