Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic MvcDiagram beta (Read 5444 times)
Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

MvcDiagram beta
Apr 6th, 2011 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
We are soon releasing an HTML 5 Canvas based diagramming library for ASP.NET MVC. If anyone is interested in trying the beta, please download the setup kit below. It installs .NET 4 assemblies, documentation, samples and tutorials and the client side JavaScript file:

https://www.mindfusion.eu/MvcDiagramTrial.zip

The first version implements only shape nodes and polyline links. More advanced features such as automatic graph layout, link routing and export to various file formats have not been implemented yet in JavaScript and are available only on the server side.

We do not have any fixed roadmap for future development yet. If anyone has a favorite feature you'd like implemented in the client JavaScript / Canvas API, let us know and it could appear in the very next release Smiley

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: MvcDiagram beta
Reply #1 - Apr 13th, 2011 at 2:07pm
Print Post  
We have uploaded a new build that adds several client side events, a few helper functions for transferring the diagram via Ajax calls, and implements drawing with a LinearGradientBrush on the client:
https://www.mindfusion.eu/MvcDiagramTrial.zip

These features are shown in the new "ClientEvents" sample project.

IP Logged

davidchiew
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #2 - May 19th, 2011 at 7:04am
Print Post  
hey I've been checking it out, it looks really promising I haven't been able to find many HTML5 graphing tools which are interactive. Congrats!

The one thing that bugs me is the connectors. Trying to change the style so they look more professional, I'm looking at the ClientEvents example. Trying to get the connectors to have 2 segments, but I can't get any of the events to fire

view.Diagram.InitializeLink += new LinkEventHandler(Diagram_InitializeLink);
           view.Diagram.LinkCreated += new LinkEventHandler(Diagram_LinkCreated);

(was hoping to set link.segments to 2)

in fact the only event that seems to fire is the ItemsChanged() event [public JsonResult ItemsChanged(string json)]

What did I miss?

thanks!

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #3 - May 19th, 2011 at 7:53am
Print Post  
Thanks Smiley

At this time the component supports only polyline links. Also there are only client-side events raised, which you can handle by assigning JavaScript function names to the *Script properties of DiagramView. Here's an example that adds a new control point to the link:

Code
Select All
function onLinkCreated(sender, args)
{
	Array.insert(args.link._points, 1, new MindFusion.Drawing.Point(50, 50));
	args.link.updateFromPoints();
}
view.LinkCreatedScript = "onLinkCreated"; 

I hope that helps,
Stoyan

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1