Normal Topic IE9 (Read 3926 times)
aortega
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

IE9
Dec 1st, 2011 at 9:32am
Print Post  
Hi,

I am trying the examples of MindFusion.Diagramming for ASP.NET, version 4 and 4.1 with ClientSideMode="JavaApplet" and it is not working with IE9.

My environment is:

IE9: 9.0.8112.16421
JAVA: 7 (1.7.0-b147)

I read this http://www.mindfusion.eu/netdiagram.html and not say anything about it.

I also tried the examples on the website and it does not work.

What is the problem?

Thanks

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: IE9
Reply #1 - Dec 1st, 2011 at 9:54am
Print Post  
The demos work for me with IE9 and Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_01-b08) shown in the console. Are you running the 32-bit IE version with 32-bit Java installed?

IP Logged

aortega
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #2 - Dec 1st, 2011 at 1:10pm
Print Post  
Yes, I am running the 32-bit IE version.

I've published the example Flowcharter with IIS. It's hard to explain but I tested it on two computers with IE9 (32-bit). In one of them, when I refresh the page (or press F5) several times does not work java ... and closes the window.

It always works if I put the compatibility view IE8.

Can you test it, please?

Thanks.

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #3 - Dec 1st, 2011 at 3:31pm
Print Post  
Does it stop working after several refreshes, but works before that? And what happens on the second system?

I have tried this in both compatibility and standard mode, and could not see any problems with the flowcharter sample published at http://mindfusion.co/demos/. I believe the Java on my system is the latest one - Java 7, Update 1, build 1.7.0_01-b08. Perhaps you should try upgrading to it first from your 1.7.0-b147 version.

Stoyan

IP Logged

aortega
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #4 - Dec 1st, 2011 at 5:03pm
Print Post  
I have this in the computer with problems:
IE9: 9.0.8112.16421
JAVA: 7 (1.7.0-b147)

This morning, I try the flowcharter sample published at http://mindfusion.co/demos/ and I have the same problem (close the windows same times). It is possible that the problem with this computer is the browser...

I have done a lot of code in javasctript, and I want a stable system. I was thinking of rewriting it to Silverlight (ClientSideMode="Silverlight") but I have some questions:
a) I have seen ShapeListBox and Overview controls are not implemented yet in Silverlight. Will they be available soon?
b) Is there anything in javascript that can not be done in Silverlight? I've seen in the documentation "Client-side API Comparison" and it seems that anything is possible.
c) I am using some events and I have I little problem:
Code
Select All
<ndiag:DiagramView ID="diagramView" runat="server" Style="left: 0px; width: 480px;
            position: absolute; top: 0px; height: 480px"
            ClientSideMode="Silverlight"
            AppletStartedScript = "onAppletStarted"
            NodeCreatedScript = "onNodeCreated"
            NodeDoubleClickedScript = "onNodeDoubleClicked"
            NodeSelectedScript = "onNodeSelected"
            ClickedScript = "onClicked"
             />

and javascipt:
Code
Select All
function onAppletStarted() {
   alert('AppletStarted ok');
}

function onClicked(sender, args) {
    alert('Clicked ok');
}

function onNodeCreated(sender, args) {
    alert('NodeCreate ok');
}

function onNodeDoubleClicked(sender, args) {
    alert('DoubleClicked ok');
}

function onNodeSelected(sender, args) {
    alert('NodeSelected ok');
}

But I have problems with ClickedScript, it doesn't work in Silverlight. Why?

Thanks for everything and for your patience.

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #5 - Dec 2nd, 2011 at 7:35am
Print Post  
The initial Java 7 release had some serious bugs, for example see this link. So you should try upgrading to the latest Java 7 Update 1 version if you are with the older release on that system. Let me know if you still have the problem then.

a) Overview and ShapeListBox controls will not be available as server side controls in Silverlight mode, because the client-side controls cannot access each other if they are not part of the same Silverlight application. The only way to use them is to build your own version of the .xap file from the SilverlightApp project coming with NetDiagram.

b) Our Java control has been developed for a longer time, so it provides more functionality than the Silverlight one. If you use only ShapeNodes, there shouldn't be much differences apart from the one related to accessing the API as listed at http://www.mindfusion.eu/onlinehelp/netdiagram/index.htm?Client_side_API_Compari....

c) It seems we haven't implemented it yet in Silverlight mode. Our developer can add it in the next few days if you decide to use Silverlight.

Stoyan

IP Logged

aortega
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #6 - Dec 2nd, 2011 at 8:36am
Print Post  
I prefer not to use an applet (the same problem I can have on other computers), so I'll try changing it to Silverlight. The application must function in many different environments and I think it will give less problems. Do you think the same?

a) I must have MindFusion.Diagramming.Silverlight.dll to change SilverlightApp. I find this library. Do I need to buy the product? We will buy the product if it works well, soon. I'll need the Overview control and perhaps ShapeListBox control.

b) Ok. I'll take a look.

c) I'll let you know if I need it.

Thanks for everything.

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #7 - Dec 2nd, 2011 at 11:44am
Print Post  
I'm not sure, Java runs on more platforms and environments than Silverlight...

a) You can unzip it from the .xap file (it's in zip format but with a different extension).

IP Logged

aortega
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #8 - Dec 2nd, 2011 at 12:57pm
Print Post  
Thanks

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint