Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic can NetDiagram Java mode be used on Android tablet? (Read 1872 times)
chieh

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

can NetDiagram Java mode be used on Android tablet?
Jan 26th, 2012 at 11:11am
Print Post  
Dear Sir/Madam,
I would like to ask can NetDiagram be compatible with Android by using Java mode?

That means users can use tablet to CRUD nodes on diagram. Currently this action can be done on pc with windows operation systems.

Many thanks

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: can NetDiagram Java mode be used on Android tablet?
Reply #1 - Jan 26th, 2012 at 12:04pm
Print Post  
Dear Chieh,

Unfortunately, Java applets are not supported by current Android browsers.

Stoyan

IP Logged

chieh

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #2 - Jan 26th, 2012 at 2:14pm
Print Post  
Hello Stoyo,

Thanks for your reply,

When would be available to use diagram with java mode for Android in the future? Would this function/service be considered in next release of NetDiagram or any schedule for that?
We really like this service can be used in tablet or mobile device.

Many thanks

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #3 - Jan 26th, 2012 at 4:03pm
Print Post  
Hi Chieh,

Quote:
When would be available to use diagram with java mode for Android in the future? Would this function/service be considered in next release of NetDiagram or any schedule for that?

I'm afraid this does not depend on us in the least. If there's no Java plugin available for a particular OS and browser, you can't load any Java applets in that browser.

We'll probably port our JDiagram Java Swing library to the Android API, however it won't be possible to use it as an applet on a web page, but only in native Android applications.

At this time I suppose only ImageMap mode will work in all browsers and OSes. And for the foreseeable future we plan to develop mostly the Canvas mode for interactive use - we'll be releasing a new version with collapse/expand and grouping support in the next few weeks.

Stoyan

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint