Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Limiting row width on FlowChartX.NET (Read 2997 times)
steve
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Limiting row width on FlowChartX.NET
Feb 14th, 2012 at 8:04am
Print Post  
Hi, I'm doing some support work on an old application that is rendering an organisational structure using FlowChartX.NET version 3.2.1.20797.

One of the change requests from the client is to limit the number of nodes that are rendered on a row, so that the page does not exceed the boundaries of the window (when rendered TreeLayoutDirection.TopToBottom) - in other words, they would like subordinate nodes to be rendered up to a maximum width of 4 nodes, with any overflow then shown below on a linked row. Please see the attached example image for a visual representation.

Is this at all possible in this version (or a newer one?)

Regards,
Steve

Example.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: Limiting row width on FlowChartX.NET
Reply #1 - Feb 14th, 2012 at 8:58am
Print Post  
Hi,

There's nothing built-in. I think this kind of layout will work only if your tree has two levels, e.g. it's not clear how the levels should be split if you have some large branches growing from the HI1 and HP nodes. If your trees are of two levels, you could arrange all the root's children in a four-column grid below the root (similar to what's shown in the Predefined Shapes example) and then set the links' ControlPoints to appropriate shapes.

If you need to display arbitrarily deep trees, try using the TreeLayout settings from the DirTree example - they will let you fit very deep trees in a page's width, especially if you set negative LevelDistance (so that nodes from adjacent levels overlap a bit horizontally).

I hope that helps,
Stoyan

IP Logged

steve
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Limiting row width on FlowChartX.NET
Reply #2 - Feb 14th, 2012 at 9:42am
Print Post  
Cool will give that a shot, thanks.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1