Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Can't drop shapes onto diagramView when in ImageMap mode (Read 3113 times)
saad

I Love MindFusion!

Can't drop shapes onto diagramView when in ImageMap mode
Oct 8th, 2012 at 12:12pm
Print Post  
Hi,

I'm having a bit of trouble dropping shapes into the diagramView in flowcharter. Attaching a screenshot to show you what I mean.

Note that they shapes get dragged perfectly fine in javaApplet mode.

Also the Start rectangle won't get dragged, but does in javaApplet mode.

Cheers.

Capture_008.PNG ( 33 KB | 146 Downloads )
Capture_008.PNG

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: Can't drop shapes onto diagramView when in ImageMap mode
Reply #1 - Oct 8th, 2012 at 12:16pm
Print Post  
Hi,

You will have to add a ShapeListboxExtender and InteractivityExtender to the page in order to enable these features in ImageMap mode. Both are defined in the MindFusion.Extenders.dll assembly.

I hope that helps,
Stoyan

IP Logged

saad

I Love MindFusion!

Reply #2 - Oct 8th, 2012 at 12:32pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the reply. The shapes do get dropped onto diagramView now.

However the ovw still does not work as expected.

Most importantly, I can't seem to be able to move the shapes once they are dropped. They just sit there. The arrows do get drawn, but shapes dont move on the diagramView once dropped.

Also the "Trial Version" keeps popping up rendering an integral part of my exercise (showing labels fetched from database) useless.

Do you recommend I ditch ImageMap and adopt javaApplet? I mean what advantages am I getting from ImageMap?

Capture_009.PNG ( 0 KB | 160 Downloads )
Capture_009.PNG

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #3 - Oct 8th, 2012 at 12:46pm
Print Post  
In order to move a shape, you must first click on the shape to get its adjustment handles shown, and then drag the middle handle if using the default HandlesStyle value.

Regarding "Trial Version" labels, I think they appear after using the trial version for an hour, so you might have to restart your web application in order to shows the real text again. If you have purchased a license, make sure the bin folder of the web site contains the assemblies installed with the licensed version.

JavaApplet mode is better if you need more interactivity, e.g. it can show the adjustment handles automatically when the mouse hovers over a node. The disadvantage is that it requires the Java runtime, and it is not available on mobile platforms.

I hope that helps,
Stoyan

IP Logged

saad

I Love MindFusion!

Reply #4 - Oct 8th, 2012 at 1:02pm
Print Post  
The handles do not show on the small square shapes. They do on arrows though.

I noticed that to delete we must enable Property DelKeyAction = DeleteSelectedItems in diagramView.

As I'm showing in the file attached, another problem now comes up. If I manage to delete an arrow it somehow takes me to the middle red rectangle, which it supposed to be locked at zindex=0 and should never come on top.

With java my only issue was that it appears javascript is needed to make clientside script fire. But that I've started as another topic here.

Capture_010.PNG ( 24 KB | 97 Downloads )
Capture_010.PNG

IP Logged

saad

I Love MindFusion!

Reply #5 - Oct 8th, 2012 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
I have realised that this erratic behavior might be caused by the use of the locked zindex=0 rectangles I'm using at background to immitate swimlanes.

Note that it works perfectly fine in javaApplet but here the rectangles appear to get selected when I try and select anything.

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #6 - Oct 8th, 2012 at 1:33pm
Print Post  
Selecting a locked node looks like a bug in the extender. Instead of Locked, try setting the node's HyperLink property value to "javascript:void(0)"; that should stop the click postback and prevent selection.

I hope that helps,
Stoyan

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint