Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Linking TableNode Rows (Read 2108 times)
Rich Cassell

I Love MindFusion!

Linking TableNode Rows
Apr 18th, 2013 at 8:49am
Print Post  
Hey,

I'm creating a dialog to give the user a visual way to create relationships between data. To do this I have programmatically created 2 tableNode objects and set the TableConnectionStyle to be Rows - essentially working the same way as the Database Design sample works.

My questions are regarding the validation of what the user has done. Is there an easy way to detect (at LinkCreating, ideally) whether a link already exists between the origin row and destination row.... I can get it to detect links between the nodes, which should allow multiple, but a row should only connect to one other row. Also, is there an easy way to collect the data at the end so i can see which rows connect to which? The OutgoingLinks and IncomingLinks lists for the tableNodes are empty...? I'm probably missing something obvious.  Huh

Thanks,
Rich

IP Logged

Rich Cassell

I Love MindFusion!

Re: Linking TableNode Rows
Reply #1 - Apr 18th, 2013 at 9:00am
Print Post  
It's amazing how quickly you find answers to your own questions after asking for help!!

I've now found the originIndex and destinationIndex fields so that answers my first question!

Regards,
Rich

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #2 - Apr 18th, 2013 at 9:31am
Print Post  
For the second question - links between table rows are accessible via the rows own OutgoingLinks and IncomingLinks collections, so you should check if there is an already existing link from originTable.Rows[originIndex].OutgoingLinks to destTable.Rows[destIndex].IncomingLinks.

I hope that helps,
Stoyan

IP Logged

Rich Cassell

I Love MindFusion!

Reply #3 - Apr 18th, 2013 at 9:58am
Print Post  
Hey Stoyan,

Thanks very much, i hadn't spotted their own collections. Brill Smiley

Regards,
Rich