Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Creating Reminders (Read 5053 times)
TRB

Meppy knows all!!

Creating Reminders
Dec 29th, 2013 at 7:53am
Print Post  
Hi,
    I am trying to work out how to use reminders. I would like to know what data each of the columns in the Reminder data table holds and what its purpose is. I would think from looking at the Item table the [Reminder] field would be the [Key] of the corisponding record in the Reminder table. Also I would like to know how to use the GetItemsToRemindeOf Method. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
TRB

IP Logged

Meppy
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: Creating Reminders
Reply #1 - Dec 30th, 2013 at 7:48am
Print Post  
Hi,

The fields in the data table usually correspond to the properties of the objects stored in the table. In the case of reminders, the fields have the following meaning:

Type - the type of the reminder, either Exact or Leading. If Type is Exact, the Time property indicates the absolute moment in time when the reminder should trigger. If Type is Leading, the TimeInterval property specifies how much time before the start of the associated item to trigger the reminder.
Message - a string message associated with the reminder.
PlaySound/SoundFileName - indicate whether the reminder has an associated sound. The attached sound is not played automatically.

Also, as you suggested, the Reminder field in the Item and Task tables is the key of the associated reminder in the Reminder table.

The GetItemsToRemindOf method is used to get the reminders that should trigger in a specific point in time. Calling this method without parameters will return the reminders that should trigger now (plus/minus one minute).

Regards,
Meppy

IP Logged

TRB

Meppy knows all!!

Reply #2 - Dec 30th, 2013 at 10:42pm
Print Post  
Thanks Meppy,
                 Can you tell me what format the [TimeInterval] data should be. Is it ticks?

Regards,
TRB

IP Logged

TRB

Meppy knows all!!

Reply #3 - Dec 31st, 2013 at 7:57am
Print Post  
I cant seem to get this to function. Have you got an example of how the reminders work?

Regards,
TRB

IP Logged

Meppy
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #4 - Jan 6th, 2014 at 7:42am
Print Post  
Hi,

The TimeInterval is indeed serialized as ticks. You can check the DataBinding sample for an example of how database serialization works. Instead of creating a recurrence when an item is created in this sample, try setting a reminder. Then save the schedule in the database.

Regards,
Meppy

IP Logged

TRB

Meppy knows all!!

Reply #5 - Jan 7th, 2014 at 1:42pm
Print Post  
Hi Meppy,
           I have the correct data in the database (the reminders are saving), what I guess I am trying to understand is how to display that data at the correct time. Is there a built in form to display the reminder or do I have to create one?

Regards,
TRB

IP Logged

Meppy
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #6 - Jan 7th, 2014 at 2:57pm
Print Post  
Unfortunately there is no built-in way to display reminders. You can only query the reminders that should be triggered at a specific point in time by using Schedule.GetItemsToRemindOf method.

Regards,
Meppy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint