Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Page will be refreshed automatically after item creation/deleting/modification (Read 39249 times)
Xylon

I Love MindFusion!

Re: Page will be refreshed automatically after item creation/deleting/modification
Reply #30 - May 28th, 2014 at 2:30pm
Print Post  
Q1, yes that is what I did, I was thinking if I could put the four calendar(calendar1, calendar2, calendar3, calendar4) in such as a array. Which is similar if I have four datatable, then I could use datatable[] to contain them.

The reason was, say I have a function to operate the datatable, I could simply use:

Code
Select All
public functions(datatable dt)
{
    //do sth
} 

then every time assign particular datatable to this function.

But what if for calendar,

Code
Select All
public functions(Calendar cal)
{
    //do sth
} 

If I do this there will be a error exception, that means I could not assign particular calendar control to this function so that I have to create four functions corresponding four calendar controls.

Well there won't be too much calendar control in one page, not a problem.

Q2, thank you very much I'll check.

Q3, my solution is first use ajax to have a "silent " postback so that the update interaction won't refresh the page. Then add a button validation control to prevent the duplicate form submission.
But of course, your solution is easier to achieve.

Thank you!

Lyubo wrote on May 28th, 2014 at 11:45am:
Hi,

Q1: Do you mean you need to access the different Calendar control instances on the page from the code-behind? If so, the name of the variable is the control's ID. So if you have in aspx:
Code (HTML)
Select All
<MindFusion:Calendar ID="Calendar1" runat="server" ... />
<MindFusion:Calendar ID="Calendar2" runat="server" ... />
<MindFusion:Calendar ID="Calendar3" runat="server" ... /> 

you can access these calendars in aspx.cs with Calendar1, Calendar2, Calendar3 respectively.

You can check the attached sample for an example. There are two calendars on the page - one main resource view and a small single month view. By selecting a date in the small calendar, you can adjust the starting date of the resource schedule.

Q2: As Stoyo suggested, you can add "Group Master" contact objects to the calendar's schedule and associate the appointments not only with the "child" contact, but also with the group "master".

I.e. if you have an item for "Group 2 Contact 3" -> you'll add both the Contact instance for "Group 2 Contact 3" and it's "master" "Group 2" to the Item.Contacts collection. Then, when you need to collapse a group, you'll remove all of the "children" contacts for the group from the Calendar.Contacts collection and add the group "master" instance there. To show the the "children" -> you'll do the reverse - remove the "master" from the collection, and re-add the "children".

In the attached sample there's a simple implementation of this concept. There are three checkboxes on the page, that can be used to toggle a group's collapsed state. There's also an attached image that shows the final result.

Q3: You can set your "Update database" button to a disabled state initially, and then from the client-side ItemCreated, ItemModified and ItemDeleted event handlers, you can enable it back. That way you can postback only when there has been a change in the schedule.

The attached sample demonstrates this also.

Regards,
Lyubo

IP Logged

Xylon

I Love MindFusion!

Re: Page will be refreshed automatically after item creation/deleting/modification
Reply #31 - Jun 3rd, 2014 at 5:12pm
Print Post  
Is that possible to change the calendar start date and end date only on the front end?

Postback to server then refresh the page after date change is slow comparing with only changing the dates in front javascript.

I tried to use
Code
Select All
function onSelectionEnd(sender, args) {
            //sender.postback();
            var defCal = $find('_calendar');

var sdate = sender.getDate();

defCal.Date = sdate;
        }

But it doesn't work, error said "0x800a138f - JavaScript runtime error: Unable to set property 'Date' of undefined or null reference"

Thank you!

Hi,

Q1: Do you mean you need to access the different Calendar control instances on the page from the code-behind? If so, the name of the variable is the control's ID. So if you have in aspx:
Code (HTML)
Select All

you can access these calendars in aspx.cs with Calendar1, Calendar2, Calendar3 respectively.

You can check the attached sample for an example. There are two calendars on the page - one main resource view and a small single month view. By selecting a date in the small calendar, you can adjust the starting date of the resource schedule.

Q2: As Stoyo suggested, you can add "Group Master" contact objects to the calendar's schedule and associate the appointments not only with the "child" contact, but also with the group "master".

I.e. if you have an item for "Group 2 Contact 3" -> you'll add both the Contact instance for "Group 2 Contact 3" and it's "master" "Group 2" to the Item.Contacts collection. Then, when you need to collapse a group, you'll remove all of the "children" contacts for the group from the Calendar.Contacts collection and add the group "master" instance there. To show the the "children" -> you'll do the reverse - remove the "master" from the collection, and re-add the "children".

In the attached sample there's a simple implementation of this concept. There are three checkboxes on the page, that can be used to toggle a group's collapsed state. There's also an attached image that shows the final result.

Q3: You can set your "Update database" button to a disabled state initially, and then from the client-side ItemCreated, ItemModified and ItemDeleted event handlers, you can enable it back. That way you can postback only when there has been a change in the schedule.

Regards,
Lyubo
« Last Edit: Jun 3rd, 2014 at 6:24pm by Xylon »  

IP Logged

Xylon

I Love MindFusion!

Reply #32 - Jun 3rd, 2014 at 8:54pm
Print Post  
I was gonna implement AjaxControlToolkit to my application then once I added the ajaxControlToolkit.dll into reference then the other page which has mindfusion calendar ran with error saying " Error 17 The name '_calendar2' does not exist in the current context "

It seems ajax conflicting with mindfusion

Hi,

Code (HTML)
Select All

Regards,
Lyubo

IP Logged

Lyubo
God Member

MindFusion team

Reply #33 - Jun 4th, 2014 at 5:46am
Print Post  
Hi,

Xylon wrote on Jun 3rd, 2014 at 5:12pm:
Is that possible to change the calendar start date and end date only on the front end?

This is not possible. Changing the start/end date of the calendar requires a full redraw of the control and that's done on the server. That's why some of the control's properties can be changed only server-side.

Xylon wrote on Jun 3rd, 2014 at 8:54pm:
It seems ajax conflicting with mindfusion

There aren't any known compatibility issues between MindFusion.Scheduling for WebForms and the AjaxControlToolkit and we're not able to reproduce the issue you're having. Are you sure that there are no syntax errors in the aspx? The error message may also indicate that the aspx page does't reference the code-behind class definition correctly or there is an error in the *.designer.cs partial class. Also make sure that the runat="server" attribute is present in the html tag of your _calendar2 control.

If you're not able to pinpoint the particular issue, you can send us a small test application that reproduces the problem, so that we can investigate.

Regards,
Lyubo

IP Logged

Xylon

I Love MindFusion!

Reply #34 - Jun 4th, 2014 at 9:56pm
Print Post  
Okay, like the autopostback must be enabled to change the appointment color.

I will figure out the ajax issue.

Two questions may I discuss with you.

how to highlight the weekends or holidays on the calendar? I mean highlight the calendar background cells and bottom line(date) of the time lines if they are in weekend and holidays. Not the appointment.

It's not hard to check whether the date is or is not in weekend or holiday, but how about highlight them on the calendar?

Is that possible?

I have checked the help documentation, in the calendar control properties I didn't find any member like "CellColor" or "ColoumnColor".

Question two we have discussed a little bit before.

In case of calendar control autopostback is enabled. At this moment as the snippet below shows, no matter I create new appointment or modify existing appointment, the corresponding appointment will have right color to display.
Code
Select All
function itemCreating(sender, args)
		    {
		        var item = args.get_item();

switch (item.location)
		        {
		            case "1":
		                item.cssClass = 'Event1CssClass';

break;

case "2":
		                item.cssClass = 'Event2CssClass';

break;

case "3":
		                item.cssClass = 'Event3CssClass';

break;

case "4":
		                item.cssClass = 'Event4CssClass';

break;
		        }

}

function itemModifying(sender, args) {
		        if (args.get_changes().location) {
		            var loc = args.get_changes().location;
		            switch (loc) {
		                case "1":
		                    sender.editItem(args.get_item(), { cssClass: "Event1CssClass" });
		                    sender.editItem(args.get_item(), { location: "1" });
		                    args.get_item().location = '1';
		                    args.get_item().cssClass = 'Event1CssClass';
		                    break;

case "2":
		                    sender.editItem(args.get_item(), { cssClass: "Event2CssClass" });
		                    sender.editItem(args.get_item(), { location: "2" });
		                    args.get_item().location = '2';
		                    args.get_item().cssClass = 'Event2CssClass';
		                    break;

case "3":
		                    sender.editItem(args.get_item(), { cssClass: "Event3CssClass" });
		                    sender.editItem(args.get_item(), { location: "3" });
		                    args.get_item().location = '3';
		                    args.get_item().cssClass = 'Event3CssClass';
		                    break;

case "4":
		                    sender.editItem(args.get_item(), { cssClass: "Event4CssClass" });
		                    sender.editItem(args.get_item(), { location: "4" });
		                    args.get_item().location = '4';
		                    args.get_item().cssClass = 'Event4CssClass';
		                    break;
		            }
		        }
		    }

The code above works good which meet my goal, but every interaction will refresh the page, that's not an idea way.

In case of disable the autopostback, I put same code for function "ItemCreated" and "ItemModified", or function "ItemCreating" and "ItemModifying", and of course added the scripts to calendar control.

The result was, not matter autopostback is on or off, "ItemCreating" works because it will assign right color to new created appointment. Then "ItemModifying" only work when autopostback is on.

So my understanding is if I want the color to be changed along with the location changing for existing appointment, I have to enable autopostback or do postback manually, is that right? Same with changing calendar Date and endDate.

Thank you!

IP Logged

Lyubo
God Member

MindFusion team

Reply #35 - Jun 5th, 2014 at 7:58am
Print Post  
Xylon wrote on Jun 4th, 2014 at 9:56pm:

Appointments can be styled on the client without the need to refresh the page. Properties that affect the calendar's structure itself like Date, EndDate, CurrentView, grouping, theme, VisibleCells, etc, that require a full redraw of the component, can be changed only server-side. Item and selection modifications can be done entirely on the client without the need to postback the page.

how to highlight the weekends or holidays on the calendar? I mean highlight the calendar background cells and bottom line(date) of the time lines if they are in weekend and holidays. Not the appointment.

You can handle the client-side CalendarLoaded event and apply styling to the corresponding weekend time cells. Something like this:
Code (Javascript)
Select All
function onCalendarLoaded(sender) {
    var resources = sender.getGroupedResources();
    for (var i = 0, k = resources.length; i < k; i++) {
        var timeCells = sender.getTimeCells(sender.getDate(), sender.getEndDate(), true, resources[i]);
        for (var j = 0, l = timeCells.length; j < l; j++) {
            var timeCell = timeCells[j];
            if (timeCell.startTime.__getDay() === 0 || timeCell.startTime.__getDay() == 6)
                timeCell.bgCell.style.backgroundColor = "#C0C0C0";
        }
    }
} 

The result was, not matter autopostback is on or off, "ItemCreating" works because it will assign right color to new created appointment. Then "ItemModifying" only work when autopostback is on.

That actually turned out to be a bug in the item modification code. You should be able to modify the items on the client without postback. We will provide a fix for this in the next release of the control. In the meantime, you can use the following workaround in an ItemModified handler:
Code (Javascript)
Select All
function onItemModified(sender, args) {
    if (args.get_item().cssClass != args.get_oldItem().cssClass) {
        var itemDom = sender.getItemDom(args.get_item())[0];
        Sys.UI.DomElement.removeCssClass(itemDom, args.get_oldItem().cssClass);
        Sys.UI.DomElement.addCssClass(itemDom, args.get_item().cssClass);
    }
} 

The above code will change the item's DOM element's CSS class correctly as a response to a change in the item.cssClass property.

Regards,
Lyubo

IP Logged

Xylon

I Love MindFusion!

Reply #36 - Jun 5th, 2014 at 3:09pm
Print Post  
Thank you very much! Now the color could be changed based on the location changing without postback.

I am not familiar with JavaScript, the snippet you show like
Code
Select All
        var timeCells = sender.getTimeCells(sender.getDate(), sender.getEndDate(), true, resources[i]);
        }
    }
}

Are you standard JavaScript methods or classes or particular for MindFusion? if only for mindfusion where I could find them for further development?

What if highlight the bottomtimeline(it display date) if the date is in weekend?

Thank you!

Lyubo wrote on Jun 5th, 2014 at 7:58am:

Appointments can be styled on the client without the need to refresh the page. Properties that affect the calendar's structure itself like Date, EndDate, CurrentView, grouping, theme, VisibleCells, etc, that require a full redraw of the component, can be changed only server-side. Item and selection modifications can be done entirely on the client without the need to postback the page.

You can handle the client-side CalendarLoaded event and apply styling to the corresponding weekend time cells. Something like this:
Code (Javascript)
Select All
        }
    }
} 

That actually turned out to be a bug in the item modification code. You should be able to modify the items on the client without postback. We will provide a fix for this in the next release of the control. In the meantime, you can use the following workaround in an ItemModified handler:
Code (Javascript)
Select All
function onItemModified(sender, args) {
    if (args.get_item().cssClass != args.get_oldItem().cssClass) {
        var itemDom = sender.getItemDom(args.get_item())[0];
        Sys.UI.DomElement.removeCssClass(itemDom, args.get_oldItem().cssClass);
        Sys.UI.DomElement.addCssClass(itemDom, args.get_item().cssClass);
    }
} 

The above code will change the item's DOM element's CSS class correctly as a response to a change in the item.cssClass property.

Regards,
Lyubo
« Last Edit: Jun 5th, 2014 at 6:55pm by Xylon »  

IP Logged

Lyubo
God Member

MindFusion team

Reply #37 - Jun 6th, 2014 at 5:43am
Print Post  
Hi,

To change the header cells' background you can modify the CalendarLoaded handler like this:

Code (Javascript)
Select All
  var resources = sender.getGroupedResources(),
      weekends = [];
      if (timeCell.startTime.__getDay() === 0 || timeCell.startTime.__getDay() == 6) {
        weekends.push(j);
      }
    }
  }

var timelines = $mindfusion(sender.getDom().header).children(),
      bottomTimeline = timelines[timelines.length - 1];
  for (var i = 0, l = weekends.length; i < l; i++) {
    var cell = bottomTimeline.rows[0].cells[weekends[i]];
    cell.style.backgroundColor = "#C0C0C0";
  }
} 

Xylon wrote on Jun 5th, 2014 at 3:09pm:
Are you standard JavaScript methods or classes or particular for MindFusion? if only for mindfusion where I could find them for further development?

These methods are part of the component's client-side API. The documentation is supplied with the installer and can also be found online here. Tutorials can be found here and additional information about using the control can be found in the Programming Interface Overview.

Regards,
Lyubo

IP Logged

Xylon

I Love MindFusion!

Reply #38 - Jun 6th, 2014 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
Great, that's exactly what I want. Appreciate your help!

Lyubo wrote on Jun 6th, 2014 at 5:43am:
Hi,

To change the header cells' background you can modify the CalendarLoaded handler like this:

Code (Javascript)
Select All
      weekends = [];
      if (timeCell.startTime.__getDay() === 0 || timeCell.startTime.__getDay() == 6) {
        weekends.push(j);
      }
    }
  }

}
} 

These methods are part of the component's client-side API. The documentation is supplied with the installer and can also be found online here. Tutorials can be found here and additional information about using the control can be found in the Programming Interface Overview.

Regards,
Lyubo

IP Logged

Xylon

I Love MindFusion!

Reply #39 - Jun 6th, 2014 at 8:35pm
Print Post  
In case of some appointments background are in light colors(I customized that), I tried to change appointment headertext color to black. (The default text color is white if the calendar theme is "Vista")

This is easy to be achieved in server side:
app.style.heartextcolor = Color.Black;

But on client side,  when a new appointment is being created, function "itemCreating" will invoked.
Code
Select All
function itemCreating(sender, args)
		    {
		        var item = args.get_item();

switch (item.location)
		        {
		            case "1":
		                item.cssClass = 'app1CssClass';
		                break;

case "2":
		                item.cssClass = 'app2CssClass';

break;

case "3":
		                item.cssClass = 'app3CssClass';

break;

case "4":
		                item.cssClass = 'app4CssClass';

break;
		        }

}

Here is one of my css :
Code (CSS)
Select All
.app1CssClass .frame {
    color: black !important;
    text-decoration-color: black !important;
}
.app1CssClass .wrapper {
    background-image: none !important;
    background-color: Green !important;
}
.app1CssClass .frame .subject
{
    color: black !important;
    background-color: black !important;
}

but this could change the item background color won't change the text color to black.

Where can I set the item font color in css?

i looked up the documentation but didn't find how to set it in css style.

Lyubo wrote on Jun 6th, 2014 at 5:43am:
Hi,

Code (Javascript)
Select All
      weekends = [];
        weekends.push(j);
      }
    }
  }

}
} 

Regards,
Lyubo

IP Logged

Lyubo
God Member

MindFusion team

Reply #40 - Jun 8th, 2014 at 11:01am
Print Post  
Hi,

Instead of

Code (CSS)
Select All
{ text-decoration-color: black !important; } 

use

Code (CSS)
Select All
{ color: black !important; } 

You can use your browser's developer tools to identify all applied styles to a DOM Element. For IE that would be the DOM Explorer's Select element tool.

Regards,
Lyubo

IP Logged

Xylon

I Love MindFusion!

Reply #41 - Jun 9th, 2014 at 2:41pm
Print Post  
Yes, it works now. I put too much stuff in the css style rather than simply changing it.

Thank you!

Lyubo wrote on Jun 8th, 2014 at 11:01am:
Hi,

Instead of

Code (CSS)
Select All
{ text-decoration-color: black !important; } 

use

Code (CSS)
Select All
{ color: black !important; } 

You can use your browser's developer tools to identify all applied styles to a DOM Element. For IE that would be the DOM Explorer's Select element tool.

Regards,
Lyubo

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint