Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Change a language on demand without changing system keyboard language (Read 2695 times)
Annes
YaBB Newbies

I Love MindFusion!

Change a language on demand without changing system keyboard language
Jul 18th, 2018 at 4:12pm
Print Post  
I have another problem. You find bellow the code that I use it in code-behind to change the keyboard language:

Code:
<Grid x:Name="GridKeyboard" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" VerticalAlignment="Stretch">

<vk:VirtualKeyboard x:Name="KeyboardVirtual" HorizontalAlignment="Left" VerticalAlignment="Top" InputLocale="{Binding InputLocale,ElementName=wKeyboard}"/>

</Grid>

Code:
public partial class KeyboardMiniMind_Window : UserControl, INotifyPropertyChanged
{
public KeyboardMiniMind_Window()
{
InitializeComponent();
KeyboardVirtual.InputLocale = LanguageLocalizerApp.SelectedLanguage;
KeyboardMindFusionVM vm = this.DataContext as KeyboardMindFusionVM;
KeyboardVirtual.TemplateLayout = vm.GetCustomLayout();
DataContext = vm;
}

This change the keyboard language, but I change also the keyboard system language. In the context of my application, I must not change system keyboard lanaguage.

Could you please find another way for changing the keyabord language without changing system keyboard language.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Annes

IP Logged

Slavcho
YaBB Moderator

tech.support

Re: Change a language on demand without changing system keyboard language
Reply #1 - Jul 19th, 2018 at 9:32am
Print Post  
The keyboard control relies on current system language to map virtual key codes to characters, so that won't work with the default layout without changing system language. The UnicodeKey from this version should let you send fixed characters independent from system keyboard -
https://mindfusion.eu/Forum/YaBB.pl?num=1531381136

However you will need to create your custom keyboard layouts, as the default layout only contains RegularKey objects that send virtual key codes, later mapped to characters by the OS depending on current language.

Regards,
Slavcho

IP Logged

Annes
YaBB Newbies

I Love MindFusion!

Re: Change a language on demand without changing system keyboard language
Reply #2 - Jul 19th, 2018 at 1:13pm
Print Post  
Thank You.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1