- Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
MindFusion  
  We are soon releasing MindFusion.JavaScript pack. Initial version includes chart, diagram, calendar, map, virtual keyboard, gauge and UI components. Here are the beta version and live demo for anyone interested.  
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister   

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send Topic Print  
Timetable Expanding Appointments
Read 1132 times

Nika   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love MindFusion!

Timetable Expanding Appointments
Dec 20th, 2018 at 2:14pm

Hello!

I would like to expand an appointment by clicking on it or by hovering over it. I couldn't find any useful function to do so, so i tried to set the EndTime of the appointment to a time, where the appointment is fully seen. This works so far. But when I try to set it to the old EndTime, the ItemModifying event isn't called and I don't know how to call it manually.

Is there any better solution to this? And if not, how can I call this event?

This is what I have so far:

Code (CSS):
private void calendar_ItemClick(object sender, MindFusion.Scheduling.Wpf.ItemMouseEventArgs e)
        {
                MyAppointment app = (MyAppointment)calendar.ItemSelection.Items[0];
                actualEndTime = app.EndTime;
                app.EndTime = app.StartTime + new TimeSpan(2, 30, 0);
        }

(this method works)

Code (CSS):
private void calendar_ItemDeselecting(object sender, MindFusion.Scheduling.Wpf.ItemConfirmEventArgs e)
        {
            MyAppointment app = (MyAppointment)e.Item;
            app.EndTime = actualEndTime;
        }

(this doesn't)

Thanks for your answer in advance!

IP Logged    

Slavcho   Offline
God Member
tech.support

Re: Timetable Expanding Appointments
Reply #1 - Dec 21st, 2018 at 9:00am

Hi,

If only problems is running some code from ItemModifying event handler, you could refactor it extracting to a separate function and then calling the function from both ItemModifying and ItemDeselecting handlers. You might also consider displaying some separate dialog / window on top of the item to implement expand instead of changing its end time.

Regards,
Slavcho
Mindfusion

IP Logged    

Nika   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love MindFusion!

Reply #2 - Dec 21st, 2018 at 9:24am

The code in the ItemModifying handler isn't important at all. What I mean is that the appointment doesn't get smaller when I set the EndTime to earlier.

I already had a window like that, but my boss clarified that he wanted to see the Item expanded and not in another dialogue, so I tried it with setting the EndTime. But I guess I'll have to go back to the roots.

Thanks for your fast answer!  Smiley

IP Logged    

Slavcho   Offline
God Member
tech.support

Reply #3 - Dec 21st, 2018 at 9:56am

There's no reason for app.EndTime assignment to fail. Have you verified the actualEndTime variable value hasn't changed meanwhile, e.g. from a second click while item is expanded?

Regards,
Slavcho

IP Logged    

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send Topic Print