Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Issues with virtualization. (Read 71 times)
nullable

I Love MindFusion!

Issues with virtualization.
Oct 14th, 2024 at 12:05pm
Print Post  
Hello, Mindfusion team! I eventually try to update the project to the last version from 3 major version, and I am having some troubles with virtualization performance. Thing is, we utilize many items withing our application. I noticed that after updating the app to the latest version when using vertical/horizontal scroll there is some lagging related with virtualization logic. Could you please improve performance for my scenario, or, maybe, let me disable this virtualization. Now I cannot find an appropriate property/method to disable it. Please refer to the attached videos and projects.

IP Logged

nullable

I Love MindFusion!

Re: Issues with virtualization.
Reply #1 - Oct 14th, 2024 at 12:10pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

nullable

I Love MindFusion!

Reply #2 - Oct 14th, 2024 at 12:11pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Slavcho
YaBB Moderator

tech.support

Reply #3 - Oct 15th, 2024 at 7:33am
Print Post  
Hi,

Having many items shouldn't be a problem on its own if you show only a few scores of them in current viewport, and possibly enable spatial indexing. However your test project displays some 600-700 nodes per viewport, and DiagramView creates presenters for them at each scroll, leading to lag indeed.

We'll have in mind a boolean property to disable virtualization for upcoming release. At this time you could probably disable it yourself by keeping the DiagramView as large as diagram.Bounds and using an external ScrollViewer; the view should create all item presenters just once then when displayed for the first time, similar to old version.

Regards,
Slavcho
Mindfusion

IP Logged

Slavcho
YaBB Moderator

tech.support

Reply #4 - yesterday at 2:00pm
Print Post  
This build lets you disable virtualization, creating all presenters along with their items -

https://www.nuget.org/packages/MindFusion.Diagramming.Wpf/4.1.4-rc

Code
Select All
DiagramView.EnableVirtualization = false; 

We'll experiment with background loading of presenters for adjacent viewports / pages when we have time for a bigger release, hopefully should help keep virtualization enabled for crowded viewports like yours.

Regards,
Slavcho
Mindfusion

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint