Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic USING HTML to USE FlowChart.NET (Read 3442 times)
Aggi

USING HTML to USE FlowChart.NET
Sep 26th, 2005 at 8:18pm
Print Post  
I am planning to use FlowChart.NET

I am developing a .NET component which contains my business logic for the flow diagram using flowchart.net classes and objects

I want to call this from a HTML page using <object> tag or in any other way.

1. Is this possible?

2. If I put my .NET component and the HTML file on the webserver, WILL MY CLIENTS ACCESSING THIS WEB SERVER NEED TO HAVE .NET FRAMEWORK INSTALLED ON THIER MACHINES???
.NET FRAMEWORK IS REQUIRED ON THE WEBSERVER BUT IS IT A REQUIREMENT FOR CLIENT MACHINES IN THE SCENARIO STAted above.

IP Logged

Iva

MindFusion support

Re: USING HTML to USE FlowChart.NET
Reply #1 - Sep 27th, 2005 at 4:32am
Print Post  
You can use FlowChart.NET with the OBJECT tag as shown here:

http://www.mind-fusion.com/NetDemo/net-demo.htm

and in the ClientSvr sample installed with the control. You must follow these steps:
- copy flowchart.net.dll to your application's folder on the web server
- refer to the dll from the OBJECT tag
- make sure your web server doesn't try to execute the dll as a CGI script or otherwise the IE won't be able to download the dll. I.e. in the IIS 'Home directory' settings make sure 'execute permissions' is 'Scripts only' instead of 'Scripts and executables'.
- create a license file as shown in the .bat file installed in the ClientSvr sample folder
- refer to the license file from a link as shown in the online demo and in the ClientSvr sample

All that requires the .NET framework to be available on the user's PC and execution of .NET components to be enabled in the IE settings. If that's not an option for you, you might generate static diagram images and image maps as shown in the WebApp sample, or use our flowchart ActiveX control.

IP Logged

Aggi

Reply #2 - Sep 27th, 2005 at 12:12pm
Print Post  
So what i understood is that to use the FlowChart.NET with the OBJECT tag -

1. We need to have .NET framework on each user's PC and not only on the server

2. Execution of .NET componenets to be enabled in IE settings

Please confirm as I am looking to purchase either FlowChart.NET or FlowChart ActiveX today

IP Logged

Iva

MindFusion support

Reply #3 - Sep 27th, 2005 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
That's right, .NET framework must be installed on users PCs in order to run FlowChart.NET in a web page.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint