Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Daily Range (Read 5252 times)
Rick Feuer

Daily Range
Apr 20th, 2006 at 12:09am
Print Post  
Hi,
When populating the schedule (daily range) manually with the generateItems(). the last visible cell does not display occurence item.
This only happens when the occurence item has an appointment start & end time set. Please review the code below to reproduce problem.

For my daily range settings:
Set my visible days = 7
set my number of days = 14
Theme = Windows 2003

Created a Recurrence and appointment with a start and end time set on the appointment.

Dim Recurrence As Recurrence = New Recurrence

Recurrence.Pattern = RecurrencePattern.Daily
       Recurrence.DailyRecurrence = DailyRecurrence.ByDayInterval
       Recurrence.Days = 1

Recurrence.StartHour = 10
       Recurrence.StartMinute = 10
       Recurrence.EndHour = 11
       Recurrence.EndMinute = 10
       Recurrence.RecurrenceEnd = RecurrenceEnd.NumOccurrences
       Recurrence.NumOccurrences = 10
       Recurrence.StartDate = CDate(("4/13/2006")

app = New Appointment
       app.HeaderText = "Recurring event"
       app.StartTime = CDate("4/13/2006 9:00 AM") 'start
       app.EndTime = CDate("4/13/2006 10:00 AM")
       app.Id = 100
       app.Recurrence = Recurrence
'create a wide range to make sure we get everything
       Dim itemCol As ItemCollection = app.Recurrence.GenerateItems("1/18/2006", "5/10/2006")
       Dim item As Appointment

For Each item In itemCol
           _calendar.Schedule.Items.Add(item)
       Next

IP Logged

Meppy
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: Daily Range
Reply #1 - Apr 20th, 2006 at 7:46am
Print Post  
Hi,

It is not necessary (not even recommended) to generate the items of a recurrence and add them manually to the schedule. Instead you assign the recurrence object to the master item and add the master item only to the schedule. Then the items are automatically generated by the control every time they need to be processed (e.g. drawn or hit-tested).

As for the problem with the item not being displayed in the last cell, it has been recently reported and is now fixed.

You can download a beta of Planner 3.1 from this link: https://mindfusion.org/_beta/Planner_trial_31.zip

Meppy

IP Logged

Rick Feuer

Reply #2 - Apr 20th, 2006 at 4:10pm
Print Post  
Hi,

I understand about adding a single master item. The reason I am doing it manually, is because the item occurrence data is being populated from a db. In anycase, I am glad to here the problem is fixed and I will download the updated version.

Thanks for the prompt reply,

Rick

IP Logged

Rick F

Reply #3 - Apr 20th, 2006 at 4:46pm
Print Post  
Hi I downloaded the 3.1 beta, but I am still having the same problem. I am using the .net 1.x version. The calendar.dll shows a build number of 1.2.2168.17743 last modified 12/8/2005. Is this the latest updated version?

Meppy wrote on Apr 20th, 2006 at 7:46am:
Hi,

It is not necessary (not even recommended) to generate the items of a recurrence and add them manually to the schedule. Instead you assign the recurrence object to the master item and add the master item only to the schedule. Then the items are automatically generated by the control every time they need to be processed (e.g. drawn or hit-tested).

As for the problem with the item not being displayed in the last cell, it has been recently reported and is now fixed.

You can download a beta of Planner 3.1 from this link: https://mindfusion.org/_beta/Planner_trial_31.zip

Meppy

IP Logged

Rick Feuer

Reply #4 - Apr 20th, 2006 at 5:23pm
Print Post  
Hi again,

I have now downloaded the official 3.1 version (Trial Version). I am still seeing the problem with the last cell not displaying the recurring item. Please Advise.

Thanks

Rick

IP Logged

Meppy
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #5 - Apr 21st, 2006 at 4:29am
Print Post  
Things seem to be working fine here. Can you check again the version number of calendar.dll and tell me what it is?

Meppy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint