Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Arrows fire too many SelectionChange events (Read 2033 times)
jabesc
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Arrows fire too many SelectionChange events
Sep 22nd, 2006 at 1:59pm
Print Post  
I use the FLowchart.NET control to display relatively large graphs of data. When I select a node(s) I draw all relationships to other nodes with arrows. The relationships can be quite complex so I have many arrows showing with with the nodes (Flowchart.Box). The performance is excellent in all cases except when I do a multiple selection of nodes when there are already numerous arrows showing from a previous selection, each arrow in the new selection seems to fire the SelectionChange event 1 or more times. Case in point: I have a node with one arrow leaving the node, I select the node with the arrow also in the selection rectangle and then I get 5 SelectionChange events (only need 1). My question (finally) is, is there a way I can "unhook" the SelectionChange event from the arrows, so that only the boxes fire that event? Or is there some other way to deal with this issue?

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: Arrows fire too many SelectionChange events
Reply #1 - Sep 22nd, 2006 at 2:09pm
Print Post  
Hi,

If you don't need to let your users modify the arrows, you can set Locked = true for all arrows; that should prevent their selection.

If the SelectAfterCreate property is enabled, set it to false before creating arrows - otherwise the selection will change after you call CreateArrow, and that will probably raise SelectionChanged again.

I hope that helps,
Stoyan

IP Logged

jabesc
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #2 - Sep 25th, 2006 at 11:32am
Print Post  
Hi Stoyan,

That worked great. Multi selections now occur within a few seconds...

Thanks for your prompt response...

JAB

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #3 - Sep 25th, 2006 at 12:37pm
Print Post  
Hi there,

If the application creates many arrows while processing the selection, try how that will work with ValidityChecks = false; this too might improve the performance a bit.

Stoyan

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint