Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Zoom Window (Read 3047 times)
qwert789
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Zoom Window
Jan 15th, 2007 at 5:53pm
Print Post  
Hello everyone.
I have tried to implement the ZoomWindow of AutoCAD and other similar programs with flowchart but was not able to succeed.
I used the MouseDown event to record the Rectangle defined by the user and then in the Mouse Up event, the Inflate and ZoomRect commands but i cannot make the zoom exactly where the rectangle defined by the user is. Could you please explain me in more detail how to do this?

Thank you very much

IP Logged

qwert789
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Zoom Window
Reply #1 - Jan 15th, 2007 at 5:56pm
Print Post  
PS: I have read the previous posts about zooming functions but they where inadequate in regard to my problem.

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #2 - Jan 15th, 2007 at 6:52pm
Print Post  
Hello,

ZoomToRect expects logical coordinates. Do you call the FlowChart.ClientToDoc method to convert from the pixel coordinates passed to MouseDown/MouseUp to the flowchart's logical ones?

Stoyan

IP Logged

qwert789
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #3 - Jan 15th, 2007 at 7:39pm
Print Post  
Yes, I called FlowChart.ClientToDoc in both events.
I have adapted my routine from this post:
http://mindfusion.org/cgi/Forum/YaBB.pl?board=fcnet_disc;action=display;num=1165...

But, because Im using VB and not VC and because the objective of the above post is a bit different from the one I want, I am having trouble with the conversion.
Could you please give me a simple example on how to do Zoom Window with ZoomRect?

Thanks allot

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #4 - Jan 15th, 2007 at 8:20pm
Print Post  
Here is one way to implement a zoom rectangle-

Code
Select All
    Private zoomMode As Boolean

Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
	  zoomMode = False
    End Sub

Private Sub btnZoom_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnZoom.Click
	  zoomMode = Not zoomMode
    End Sub

Private Sub fc_InitializeBox(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As MindFusion.Diagramming.WinForms.BoxEventArgs) Handles fc.InitializeBox
	  If zoomMode Then
		e.Box.Style = MindFusion.Diagramming.WinForms.BoxStyle.Rectangle
		e.Box.Brush = New SolidBrush(Color.Transparent)
		e.Box.Pen.DashStyle = Drawing2D.DashStyle.Dot
		e.Box.ShadowColor = Color.Transparent
	  End If
    End Sub

Private Sub fc_BoxCreated(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As MindFusion.Diagramming.WinForms.BoxEventArgs) Handles fc.BoxCreated
	  If zoomMode Then
		fc.ZoomToRect(e.Box.BoundingRect)
		fc.DeleteObject(e.Box)
	  End If
    End Sub

though I have never used AutoCad and don't know it this is similar to the AutoCad's ZoomWindow.

Stoyan

IP Logged

qwert789
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #5 - Jan 15th, 2007 at 9:07pm
Print Post  
Thank you very much for the assistance, that way is much simpler! What I was battling on was:

Private Sub FlowChart1_MouseDown(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs) Handles FlowChart1.MouseDown

abc01 = FlowChart1.ClientToDoc(FlowChart1.PointToClient(MousePosition))
           abc03 = FlowChart1.ClientToDoc(FlowChart1.ClientRectangle)

End Sub

Private Sub FlowChart1_MouseUp(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs) Handles FlowChart1.MouseUp

Dim abc02 As System.Drawing.RectangleF
           abc02 = New RectangleF(abc01.X - abc03.Size.Width / 2, abc01.Y - abc03.Size.Height / 2, abc03.Size.Width, abc03.Size.Height)
           abc02.Inflate(zoom01x,zoom01y) '->What Values to put in zoom01x and zoom01y ?
           FlowChart1.ZoomToRect(abc02)

End Sub

Thank you once again!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint