Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Cannot run on-line demo (Read 19544 times)
Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: Cannot run on-line demo
Reply #15 - May 17th, 2007 at 5:52am
Print Post  
We have uploaded a new demo html page that uses a slightly different syntax for loading the applet, could you try it?

http://www.mind-fusion.com/jdiagram/start.html

You might also check if the demo would run from a local folder; the following zip file contains all pages of the demo.

https://www.mindfusion.org/_temp/applet_demo.zip

Do you use any IE toolbar that might alter the page content after loading it, i.e. the Google or MSN toolbars? Now the demo uses a script to insert the APPLET tag dynamically into the DOM tree, in order to avoid the "Click to activate" prompt introduced by Microsoft after they lost some patent lawsuit. If the toolbars alter the DOM tree too, they might somehow break our JavaScripts ... If the above two suggestions don't work, could you also try this page, which contains a static APPLET tag, and does not rely on scripts to insert it:

http://www.mind-fusion.com/jdiagram/test.html

Thank you,
Stoyan

IP Logged

Cuchulain
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #16 - May 17th, 2007 at 9:43am
Print Post  
http://www.mind-fusion.com/jdiagram/start.html
gvies the same error.

I ran the demo from a local folder and still get the same error.

http://www.mind-fusion.com/jdiagram/test.html ; does not give me the error but I just have a blank page.

I am not using any IE toolbars (google, yahoo, MSN, etc).

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #17 - May 17th, 2007 at 9:49am
Print Post  
Is the Internet Explorer option checked in the Control Panel \ Java, Advanced tab, <APPLET> Tag Support?

IP Logged

Cuchulain
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #18 - May 17th, 2007 at 9:54am
Print Post  
I do not see this exact setting.

Under 'Default Java for browsers' I do have IE checked but I do not see any setting that mentions <APPLET> tag support.

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #19 - May 17th, 2007 at 10:48am
Print Post  
Could you check if this sample applet works?
https://www.mindfusion.org/_temp/AppletTest.zip

IP Logged

Cuchulain
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #20 - May 17th, 2007 at 11:14am
Print Post  
I loaded up AppletTest.html in IE and after allowing the blocked content to run I only see an empty page and a small red X in the upper left corner.

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #21 - May 17th, 2007 at 11:32am
Print Post  
If that test applet does not load, I guess you will need to reinstall JRE. You have mentioned some applets worked fine for you - was that with your current JRE installation?

IP Logged

Cuchulain
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #22 - May 17th, 2007 at 2:41pm
Print Post  
My Java applets work with my existing JRE.  I even cleaned out my Java cache area to force these applets to have be downloaded again.  The applicable jar files were downloaded and the applets work fine.

I uninstalled my JRE and also my Java SDK.  I then reinstalled the latest JRE from sun.com.  The on-line demo still does not work.  My other Java applets are still working fine.

Not sure what else to try, any ideas?

Thanks.

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #23 - May 17th, 2007 at 6:11pm
Print Post  
Try compiling the test applet yourself with JDK 1.6 and load it again. For some reason applets compiled with JDK 1.5, which we use here, might fail to run on your particular system & IE6 + JRE 1.6. Otherwise we are running out of ideas now; but if you have a static IP address visible in the Internet, you might allow a terminal connection for our developer and he will try to trace the problem on your system.
« Last Edit: May 17th, 2007 at 7:24pm by Stoyo »  

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #24 - May 18th, 2007 at 5:28am
Print Post  
Have you tried loading the JDiagram.jar or the test applet in the JDK applet viewer? The viewer might return some more useful error message, instead of just showing the red X.

Stoyan

IP Logged

Cuchulain
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #25 - May 18th, 2007 at 11:23am
Print Post  
With the help of a co-worker we have discovered the following.  His comments...

If you look at the content of the HTML page, you will see that I have commented out the applet tag and added an object tag that does pretty much the same thing. You can switch the comments between these guys and see that applet tag is the culprit.

They should be outputting an object tag instead of the applet tag because it allows for auto download of jre as well.

Also, if you install JRE 1.5 instead of 1.6, you will be able to see the support <APPLET> tag support under Control Panel \ Java, Advanced tab, but 1.6 doesn’t have this option.  We some reason any kind of applet tag I tried didn’t work on that machine (even without any reference to JDiagram).

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #26 - May 18th, 2007 at 11:37am
Print Post  
Ok thanks; we tried the OBJECT tag at one time, but then could not make the Java-to-Javascript communication function properly under Firefox, so we reverted to APPLET. We'll try it again with some other settings and let you know how it works.

IP Logged

Cuchulain
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #27 - May 18th, 2007 at 3:51pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint