Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Link routing - supperposition + arrow orientation (Read 32458 times)
marie

Re: Link routing - supperposition + arrow orientat
Reply #15 - Apr 21st, 2009 at 6:41pm
Print Post  
Hello,

Any ideas on that issue (links ugliness)?

Thanks Cheesy
Marie

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #16 - Apr 22nd, 2009 at 2:24pm
Print Post  
Hi Marie,

DiagonalLink_MouseDownOnContainer.JPG and DiagonalLink.JPG might happen because of the SmartPolylineEnds: True option. Do these links have Polyline set as style? UglyPaths_EndPointsOffset7.JPG is the result of specifying that the first bend should come at least at 7 grid squares from the node border, which is too much when the grid size is larger. Could you email the diagrams shown in the other pictures, saved as xml, to support@mindfusion.eu, and if possible the test project you mentioned you have built?

Stoyan

IP Logged

marie

Reply #17 - Apr 22nd, 2009 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
Hi Stoyan,

1) Diagonal link & different routing when selecting parent container: Polyline true or false doesn't change anything. All the links have linkStyle = cascading. I think it could be related to #3.

2) Ugly paths with endPointsOffset=7: If the value is smaller, it is still ugly (the smaller the better). If we can fix #3, I guess just the new version with endPointsOffset=0 would be good since it's faster...

3) Overall ugliness & bad paths choice with new version: I'll try to make a test project (I did it for other problems but not for this one) today or tomorrow. If I fail to do so, I'll send you the xml files.

Thanks!
Marie

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #18 - Apr 28th, 2009 at 9:47am
Print Post  
Regarding the unnecessary bends from the screenshot, they are unavoidable now. We've added EndPointsOffset to let you set a minimal distance from the node border where the first bend is allowed, so that links are not too close to the border. The minimal bend distance is always at least one routing-grid cell from the node border, even if the property is set to 0, and since the first point where bend is allowed in that screenshot is on the right from the last bend point, it is not possible to link the two points without additional bends. We'll try to re-implement the first bend distance as a cost component in the algorithm, rather than a fixed distance, so that higher TurnCost would be able to override it and avoid the bends, even if the link is close to the node border.

Stoyan

IP Logged

marie

Reply #19 - Apr 28th, 2009 at 3:54pm
Print Post  
Hi Stoyan,

It seems quite interesting Cheesy. How long do you think it would take to do that cost component?

In the mean while, I sent 2 more display bugs (links overlapping nodes & diagonal links) by email. I think they are caused by that minimal blend distance restriction, but just in case, could you have a look at them? Instead of going horizontally, perhaps the links could start vertically (I'm really not sure about that since I really don't like vertical links. They increase confusion about which cell they come from because they follow the table's borders...)?

Thanks,
Marie

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #20 - Apr 29th, 2009 at 8:30am
Print Post  
Hi Marie,

There are about two thousand lines of code related to the routing feature so it's not very easy to revise; our developer will try to that in the next couple of weeks. He will check the new files today.

Stoyan

IP Logged

marie

Reply #21 - Apr 29th, 2009 at 12:03pm
Print Post  
Hi Stoyan,

Thanks Smiley. I just wanted to have an idea so I can plan my own work Wink...

Regards,
Marie

IP Logged

marie

Reply #22 - May 20th, 2009 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
Hi,

How is this component going?

Thanks!
Marie

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #23 - May 20th, 2009 at 1:41pm
Print Post  
Hi,

The problems are caused by the routing grid squares between tables being marked as occupied when the space between tables is close to the GridSize. Our developer decided to implement a completely new routing function that does not use a grid at all, and should find a path regardless of how close the tables are. It's almost ready; we'll send you updated assemblies to try it in a few days.

Stoyan

IP Logged

marie

Reply #24 - May 20th, 2009 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
Hi,

Perfect Cheesy!

Thanks,
Marie

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #25 - May 25th, 2009 at 6:17am
Print Post  
Hi Marie,

You can check a preview version of the new routing algorithm here:
https://mindfusion.eu/_beta/fcnet_newrouter.zip

Call this to try it:

NewRouter.RouteAllLinks(diagram);
diagram.Invalidate();

It hasn't been integrated into the control yet and Link.AutoRoute / Diagram.RouteAllLinks still use the old function. Also, the new function is based on a completely different approach and disregards the RoutingOptions attributes. We haven't tested it much yet, if you see any problems, please email us a file that shows them.

Stoyan

IP Logged

marie

Reply #26 - May 25th, 2009 at 2:00pm
Print Post  
Hi!

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Hooray!!!
Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

A few little comments:
-1- Most links are painted yellow (my settings ask for black)... I can set back the property to black after the routing and it's fine. Any reason why it's yellow (it's no big deal, I like yellow Wink)?

-2- I get a crash while opening one of my graph and in this case the routing isn't done properly:
Quote:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at MindFusion.Diagramming.RoutingTree.GetFreeTile(PointF point, PointF& alignedPoint)
at MindFusion.Diagramming.NewRouter.x1a552bcef2b91b0f(DiagramLink xe9c763083b68a7ee, RoutingTree x28fd8f9c33fc7c8e, List`1 xa1b0e28271fd2a7c)
at MindFusion.Diagramming.NewRouter.RouteAllLinks(Diagram diagram)

The routing is quite fast and much clearer Cheesy. I especially appreciate the fact that all links are started and finished horizontally and that there are no unecessary turns. I also like that if two links are going to (or coming from) the same place (even if they are going to two different anchor points that are on top of each other), they follow the exact same path for the last (or first) segment. It's really a good job!

Thanks a lot!
Marie

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #27 - May 25th, 2009 at 2:13pm
Print Post  
Hi,

1. The yellow is for debugging purposes, we'll remove it from the finished version 8)

2. Could you email us the file with which you got a crash?

Thanks,
Stoyan

IP Logged

marie

Reply #28 - May 25th, 2009 at 2:43pm
Print Post  
Hi,

1. That's what I thought Wink...

2. Done.

Thanks,
Marie