Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Need help in setting up a workflow designer app (Read 1795 times)
kmontgom
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Need help in setting up a workflow designer app
Mar 12th, 2009 at 9:31pm
Print Post  
Hi,

I'm working on a graphical workflow designer based on WpfDiagram.

I have an initial implementation, but I need to greatly change and enhance it based on some additional management requirements.

Here's what I need to do:

* I need to drag workflow activities from a palette and drop them onto the diagram (got this working in my initial implementation.

* Each workflow activity can have a series of parameters. I need to display them in a table. Kind of got this working by adding a TableNode to a ContainerNode.

* I need to be able to associate output parameters from one workflow activity with input parameters in another workflow activity. No idea how to do this!

I've looked through the FCDemo application, and the ERM sample comes closest to what I want to do. Particularly, the appearance of the tables is something I'd like to re-create in my application.

Is there some additional source code that I could examine to learn how to do this?

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: Need help in setting up a workflow designer ap
Reply #1 - Mar 13th, 2009 at 7:21am
Print Post  
Hi,

The best place to store the common output / input parameters of two activities should be the link that connects them. You could associate the parameters with the link using its Tag property, or derive from DiagramLink and add your custom properties to contain the parameters.

Check the Entities sample from our Windows Forms control to see how to create tables like in the ERM demo:
https://www.mindfusion.eu/FCNetDemo.zip

I hope that helps,
Stoyan

IP Logged

kmontgom
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Need help in setting up a workflow designer ap
Reply #2 - Mar 13th, 2009 at 3:12pm
Print Post  
Thanks, this helps a lot.

IP Logged