Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Anchor points and links (Read 1264 times)
srinivas
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Anchor points and links
Sep 9th, 2010 at 3:14am
Print Post  
Hi,

I am using Diagramming 5.3.5, upgraded from older version of Flowchart.Net control.

Facing below issues.

1. Finding issues with links being drawn inconsistently for decision node when in tree layout.

2. I need to create links between nodes at locations where mouse is down and mouse is up, but with current implementation I am getting the links drawn from/to only four anchor points (center points of four sides of the nodes), please let me know how to get the anchor points created and links can be drawn on the fly from/to mouse down and up points.

Please suggest solutions for the above issues, appreciate if you provide sample code to resolve these.

Thanks in advance
Velidanda

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: Anchor points and links
Reply #1 - Sep 9th, 2010 at 8:28am
Print Post  
1. What exactly is inconsistent?

2. New links are always aligned to either the node borders or the AnchorPattern points. You can work around this by overriding the link's StartCreate method to record the initial point, and CompleteCreate to reset the end points to the ones received as arguments instead of the aligned points set by the base implementation. This might be done without a custom link class by using the InitializeLink and LinkCreated events instead, and
getting the mouse position through the Control.MousePosition property.

IP Logged

srinivas
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #2 - Sep 9th, 2010 at 4:49pm
Print Post  
1. The start point of link is not consistent on a  decision node, each time when the diagram is set with Tree Layout the start point of the links changes to different point on the node.

2. Will try the solution and let you know if that works.

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #3 - Sep 10th, 2010 at 11:28am
Print Post  
Could you email to support@mindfusion.eu the diagram with which 1 happens? Note that TreeLayout won't work on any graph, but only on trees. If Arrange is called on a random graph, TreeLayout arranges only its spanning tree and ignores any additional links.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint